Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Friday, January 27th, 2023 6:10 AM

Closed

Answered

Have to have Netgear switch and extenders attached to Comcast modem but my new Trend Micro Home Network System says no! Help

I have to have Netgear switch and extenders attached to my Comcast modem otherwise no internet or WiFi on the 2nd floor, but my Micro Trend Home Network System says nothing like that can be attached to it. I have to have internet and work on the 2nd floor and it’s been too long to return it. Plus I would like to use it. Help 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

1 year ago

Hi @ERnurse4ever 

Welcome to the group, if you need help, we need info.

OS, TM version, and more specific what went wrong, maybe a screenshot.

Also, are you connected to true Wi-Fi or cable when you are trying to connect.

Here from you,

Kind regards,

Tom

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi @tom_emmelot .
Thanks for helping out.

Hi @ERnurse4ever ,

Did you encounter any error message or notification from the app? Kindly provide a screenshot of the issue so that we can help you further with your concern. Please confirm the network topology you're using so that we can check if it's compatible with Home Network Security.

Also, I would like to inform you that Home Network Security does not support devices which are connected to some Wi-Fi extenders. Listed on the link below are Home Network Security known issues and product limitations:

Known Issues in Home Network Security

Awaiting for your response.

-tm_klariz

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights