Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

Wednesday, February 21st, 2024 9:28 PM

Closed

Fraud Buster does not work on my iPad 3. Unable to change settings.

Opened Settings as instructed but cannot change settings.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

5 months ago

Hi @aldelbaran ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community. 

May we know the current version of your IOS and also please check the Trend Micro version that was installed on your iPad.

1. Open the Mobile Security app.
  2. From the features list, tap Settings.
  3. Scroll down, then tap About. 

If you could provide us the screenshot, this will be a great help for us to determine the issue that you are experiencing. 

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

Having the same problem for quite some time on my iPad 3 which Apple updated on March 5th to OS 17.4.

Also cannot to install Mobile Security which Trend verified by email that I purchased on Apple Store.

Maybe the following email of March 6th from CISA (Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency) re: Memory Corruption issue explains. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @aldelbaran​, 

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue that you encounter on your iPad so we can further check on this and did you receive any notification that you needs to set up the fraudbuster? 

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

5 months ago

I have the same problem. App. Version 11.2.1040 & IOS 17.3.1

The menu shown in attached photo is not available. Specifically (Unknown&Spam) and the Mobile security icon and check mark is not shown as an option. App.  Keeps prompting me to turn feature on, and summary shows no IMessages scanned. Please advise. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @wd9cun​,

The picture shown in the Mobile Security App is just the instructions to show you how will you do it. To get into that option, please follow the instructions below. 

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
2. Scroll Down and look for Messages.
3. Scroll down then choose Unknown & Spam and it will give you an option to tick the Mobile Security that will enable you the Junk in your Messages App.  

Hope this helps. 

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

Please re-read my original message. As stated above, unknown & spam does not appear. Neither does Mobile security. I have one option. Filter unknown senders, and it is toggled on. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @wd9cun,

If you can't see that option please proceed to re-install the application and then activate your subscription. I am using the same IOS version and you will not see that option either because the application is not properly installed or uninstalled. 

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

Ok, I uninstalled on IOS with long key press over icon and clicked delete app. I went to app. Store and downloaded it again. I still do not have option to check Unknown &Spam. Did I delete and re- load properly? 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @wd9cun ,

You did the reinstallation properly.

May I know if you are using an iPad as well?

By the way, after setting up the Fraud Buster on your device, can you try tapping the scan button again on the main screen to see if the "Things to fix" will still show up.

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

5 months ago

No SIM card slot. Does this mean fraud buster will not work on IPad Air 3, and why would the security software keep promoting me to get started with my protection? 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @wd9cun​, 

Trend Micro Fraudbuster protects mainly iMessage and SMS apps. However, there are other ways to use it like the Camera Roll Scan and Link Scanner if you don't have sim card, this will focus on your Camera Roll Scan and Link Scanner. You may check How to use Trend Micro Fraud Buster on iPhone or iPad

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

So basically your saying Fraud Buster does not work to scan I messages on an iPad without a sim card?  Yes or no?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Hi @wd9cun​, 

Can you please provide a screenshot of the Messages Settings on your iPad so we can correlate and further check on this.

1. Go to Settings

2. Select Messages

3. Take a screenshot

Thank you!

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

see attached

Neophyte