Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

280 Points

Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 11:42 AM

Closed

False Positives

I've had 2 false positives recently.  First of all I wanted to check my webmail from my internet provider (Heart Internet) and was blocked, because it was an "unsafe" site. I was unable to unblock it and had to exite Trend Micro first. Second Trend micro blocked a Dell .exec update installation  from 'Support Assist' as "unsafe".  How do I report this please?  

Trend Micro are well known for false positives.  How is it that other security suites (I use Trend Micro Maximum Security) with one or two exceptions, are able to minimise false positives, but Trend Micro seem incapable of doing so?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Hi @chasdbiebs!

Thank you for sharing this in our community.

You can directly report it to our Site Safety Center a dedicated team will process the reclassification of the reported false positives.

Can we also get the link to the webmail and the file being blocked by Trend Micro Security?

Regarding your 2nd question "How is it that other security suites (I use Trend Micro Maximum Security) with one or two exceptions are able to minimize false positives," this may be an isolated incident, We maintain an allowed list, a good company list, and use security policies to reduce false alarms.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights