Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 10:20 PM

Closed

Fraud Buster does NOT detect scam SMS or mms

I continuously receive obvious scam SMS & MMS that Trend doesn't even detect. It says it has scanned 797 text messages but never protects me from fraud messages...how frustrating. What am I paying for?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

10 months ago

Hi @bradharvey2012

Could you go to the "Notification Center" tab and navigate to the detections section to review any suspicious messages that have been identified?

Additionally, may I ask about the process you did for configuring the fraudbuster in your Trend Micro Mobile Security?

Thank you!

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

10 months ago

Where did you read that this or similar apps detect 100% of scam messages 🤔❓

This is a VERY complex process that is based on "white" and "black" lists. For example, I get messages from legitimate businesses or sites that are classified as spam, and I can't change it anymore since a year 🤷🏻‍♂️. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@Dani_2077​, 

Can you check if fraud buster feature is properly configured on your device? Kindly check if the permissions required are allowed on your device by clicking on the article provided below.

How to Protect Against Phishing Links in Text Messages

Let me know how it goes.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

10 months ago

No AV company can detect 100% of all the scam or fraud messages. In the end you have to be cautious. I can say from my experience that no other AV has the capability even close to Trend micro. Its fraud buster is robust. Plus the link which you shared here is classified as dangerous and its getting detected by Trend. Check if Fraud buster is turned on properly or not.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights