Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

326 Points

Thursday, November 28th, 2019 10:45 PM

Closed

Unwanted Promotional Offers

Trend Micro Maximum Security greeted me this morning with this pop up promotional offer.

You're meant to block ads and back doors, not blatently open a backdoor and start advertising through software we pay for to prevent this sort of thing!. I'm not even close to the expiry of my subscription so its not like its a month out and I'm getting this as a renewal notice.

I won't be renewing my subscription.

Official Solution

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

5 years ago

Good day, fellow Community members!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

The notification pop up that you are receiving is regarding a complimentary product that Trend Micro offers that ensures protection for all devices connected to your home network.

Upon further investigation, we have found a small glitch in the system, which may have resulted in customers receiving continuous notification pop-ups.

This has been corrected in our system now.

In case you encounter this pop-up promotion, kindly create a new thread then we will reach out to you privately to get more details.

-Ann

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

5 years ago

Hi Chris, 

I do understand where you're coming from. Your insight and feedback are valuable to us thus we will pass it to our marketing/sales team on what they can do regarding this matter.

-Ann

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Hi claudiu_botezatu,

We have already raised this matter to our marketing team. We will immediately provide an update as soon as we get their response. Thank you for your utmost understanding.

~Pia

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

326 Points

Hi Pia,

I'm not impressed to receive the same popup 24 hrs later. Maybe this needs to be escalated past your marketing team to senior management as it will impact the brand in a negative way?

What did you expect our reactions to be. I still have 4 months left on my subscription and it couldn't come soon enough. A full blown foreground popup in front of all apps on system start, with no 'Don't ask again' button or opt out. Better still, simply don't do this to paying customers!

I wonder if this marketing campaign can be exploited someway to send clients other types of malicious data?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

5 years ago

TURN THIS FUCKING SHIT OFF

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, danny.giles0.

Are you still encountering the promotional offer pop-up from Trend Micro?

This has already been corrected in our system now. We understand your frustrations. Consider this resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- Kim

Neophyte

• 

15 Messages

• 

326 Points

Hi @kim_de_guzman ,

How is this resolved? Sure you've turned down the notifications. However, the ability to send users this type of promotional material has not been removed from the product.

I'd like to see an app update removing the functionality entirely.

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, Chris.

We appreciate your feedback, we always continue to improve our products’ functionalities. We will record your feedback and send it to our product team.

Kind regards,

Kim

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

This is still not resolved

2 Messages

• 

20 Points

5 years ago

Yes. Really stupid business decision to spam your own customers if you want them to stay with you. I am not impressed and clearly other customers are not either. Please desist and instead help block other people's spam as we'd expect!

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

5 years ago

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you, mikeshellshear.

May we know if you are still encountering a pop-up promotion your device?

-Ann

2 Messages

• 

20 Points

It hasn't happen yet today. That is a start...

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

Thank you mikeshellshear! 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

- Ann

1 Message

• 

10 Points

5 years ago

I too am getting these every day throughout the day now and i am not happy. Please stop this asap or i wont be renewing my subscription. I do not want to win an iPhone. I just want spam free protection please.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights