Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Friday, June 10th, 2016 3:28 PM

Closed

debug file using all my space on my harddrive

After extensive search to find why my harddrive continually fills up every day, i have discovered that the debug folder in the program files/trend micro folder has at last look over 108 GB of used space.this is crazy, how do i fix this issue? 

25 Messages

• 

340 Points

8 years ago

Sad to know that the debug folder consumes 108 GB storage. One of the possible reasons would be it is still collecting some data on your machine.
To Stop The Diagnotic Toolkit From Generating Debug Logs, click on this link: 

Generating debug log for Trend Micro Security

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

8 years ago

thanks for the info, it appears to have fixed the issue at this point. However it seems my pc has had a major malfunction and I have only just managed to get it back online. i did have to delete one folder in the asmp folder as at 78 gb i needed the space after my gaming drive failed, i think it was the 2011 folder. I'm hoping that this hasn't caused my issues. Anyway Thanks again

25 Messages

• 

340 Points

8 years ago

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been fixed at some point. Let us know should you encounter any more issues so we can continue improving our product.

Regards.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

I just hit this same problem on my Windows 10 computer, running Trend Micro Internet Security 2017.  My C drive filled up.  I traced the problem to the program files\Trend Micro\AMSP\debug folder, which has 165 GB of space.  Can I safely get rid of the contents of this folder?  And how can I stop this from happening?  If this continues to happen, I'll have to abandon Trend Micro and try another product.
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

208 Messages

• 

3.2K Points

7 years ago

Hello rlong7!

Thank you for letting us know your concern. The first thing that you may try to perform to fix the problem is that, you may delete all the files inside the debug folder. Then if it still consumes a lot of space, you may perform the following troubleshooting steps below. You can monitor it for a few days.

Here are the following troubleshooting steps below that you may perform if the issue still persist:

Step 1: Uninstall Trend Micro Security from the Diagnostic Toolkit
  • Once the Diagnostic Toolkit (supporttool) is open go to (C) Uninstall and then click on "1. Uninstall Software". Once the process is done, please restart your computer to apply the changes made.
Step 2: Run the Remnant File Remover Tool
  • Click here to download the tool.
Step 3: Install Trend Micro Security
  • Click here to download the installer.
Note: If the issue still persists, please see the next set of instructions below.
  • Check Task Manager if AMSP_LogServer.exe is running and end the process.
  • Check if Diagnostic Toolkit is still collecting data.
    • Under debug tab, click on “Finish Collecting Data”. Restart computer and check Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit again if it’s still collecting data.
  • If the same issue persists, please disable Trend Micro Security from the Diagnostic Toolkit. To do that, simply open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit and then go to (C) Uninstall and then click on "5. Stop all components".
  • After that, navigate to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP and replace the following files:
      • AmspConfig.ini
      • AmspLogFilter.ini
        • Please get the replacement files here.
    • After that, manually delete debug logs. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\debug and check the logs with a numeric name, such as 100192001120013 with large size.
    • And then, restart your computer to check if you are still having the same issue.
I hope this helps and we'd love to hear from you soon.

Have a great weekend!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights