Zemana AntiMalware (Premium) Beta & HitMan Pro compatibility

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Is Zemana Antimalware (Premium) Beta compatible with Trend Micro, even though it is not listed as one of the many programs to be uninstalled prior to installing Trend Micro products?
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 3,450 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of TM_Pia

TM_Pia, Employee

• 2,186 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi ahsans,

The incompatible software list of Trend Micro is a list of identified programs that could conflict with the software. Having another antivirus program not listed doesn't guarantee that it will not cause possible issue or conflict. 

It is advised to install only one version of an antivirus program on your computer. Multiple antivirus programs installed at the same time can cause performance issues and make your computer more vulnerable to threats.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post it here. 

~Pia
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

Hi Pia,

I had already uninstalled HitMan Pro from my laptop, but the Zemana Antimalware (Premium) Beta isn't listed in the list of programs to uninstall before installing Trend Micro?

Please can you double check this with the Zemana Team. Thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 27,664 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi ahsans

Zemana premium does real-time scanning zo it is not advised to run it beside any other AV program because on some moments they can give computer hugging and false detections and double detections.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

Hi Tom,

As stated in the Zemana website,

Can I only use Zemana AntiLogger as an AV?No, you cannot. It is used as an additional layer of protection and is often able to detect threats that traditional AV solutions often miss. Zemana AntiLogger is compatible with all popular AV solutions.

https://help.zemana.com/kb/article/18-can-i-only-use-zemana-antilogger-as-an-av/

I just need some clarification from Trend Micro. Please check this with them (Zemana)
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Pia

TM_Pia, Employee

• 2,186 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your response, Tom Emmelot.

Hi ahsans,

The statement that you shared from Zemana AntiMalware is their stand, however, as a rule of thumb, using only one AntiMalware/AntiVirus software can prevent possible conflicts.

As I have mentioned above, multiple antivirus programs installed at the same time can cause performance issues and make your computer more vulnerable to threats.

~Pia
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

I have uninstalled Zemana, HitMan Pro, and MalwareBytes (Free). Only have Trend Micro 15.0.1231 installed.
Photo of TM_Cha

TM_Cha, Employee

• 1,884 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Glad to know, ahsans!

In case you need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

~Cha

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.