Windows 10 Upgrade

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
On my automatic updates of Windows 10, there is a message that I must remove Trend Micro Security 2009. How can I do this, I cannot find it in my program list.
Photo of bob.wolskijr

bob.wolskijr

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,822 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for asking here. Regarding the situation, you can use Diagnostic Toolkit to remove the older program if Trend Micro Security 2009 was not uninstalled completely in your computer. Please refer to the following support page for the detailed steps: Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software using the Diagnostic Toolkit

After uninstallation completed, please check if you can perform the Windows 10 update successfully.

Since the Diagnostic Toolkit removes all Trend Micro Security program, don't forget to re-install Maximum Security when Windows update finished. Here's an online document for your reference to installing the latest version of Maximum Security: Installing Maximum Security 2017

Also, as you're a valued subscriber of our premium support service, just a kind reminder that you can utilize our premium support which includes 24x7 phone support exclusively for you. Please find the premium service phone number in the "Call Premium Support" section in this page

Trend Micro Home Users Community