Window 10 Version 1709

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
I am trying to update to Windows 10, version 1709 and it tells me I have to manually extract the old trend files. I got on here a couple days ago and was given this directions Trend to get rid of them. https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us.... It did get rid of 2 of them but the third I am getting a pop-up that reads---at the top cmd.exe- No Disk and then the message--There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in Drive E:. What can I do now?
Photo of cathy21406

cathy21406

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of TM_son

TM_son, Employee

• 1,408 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello cathy21406 and welcome to community! 

Wewould like to clarify the problem that you are having. You tried to update your computer via windows update and got an error, Is this correct? You tried to get rid of them however for the third one it gave you an error, Is this correct as well? 

For us be able to provide you an accurate solution, If possible, Can you post a screenshot of the error when you try to perform a windows update and also a screenshot of the error about the cmd.exe?.

We are looking forward to your response. 

Thank you and have a nice day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of cathy21406

cathy21406

Screen shots of errors:

Gets 49% thru and I receive:

I click on uninstall & continue and receive:

Then I go to https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1058376.aspx

And follow the directions; and then I receive this:

I am able to ‘x’ out of the cmd.exe box after a few tries and receive below:

I go back to try to hit refresh and nothing happens:

and if I try to ‘x” out I receive the below:

And I try to start over but all the same things happen.  What do I do?
Photo of cathy21406

cathy21406

Please help!!
Photo of deebee.71

deebee.71

• 64 Points
i am experiencing a very similar situation.. i had completed the upgrade and had a beautiful windows 10 home for all of 2 days maybe then something went horribly wrong and i no longer have a valid product key and have an evaluation copy of windows 10 education.. have tried to fix but to know avail.. will be watching your post with keen anticipation.. :-)
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 21,374 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi cathy21406

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours.
Did you try this?
Uninstalling Trend Micro Security and older programs for Windows using the Diagnostic Toolkit
Good luck.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of cathy21406

cathy21406

OK after the Uninstall will the version I do need remain or I have to do something else?
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

Hi cathy21406

Do the update and check TM later.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of cathy21406

cathy21406

I finally went to chat and they had to remote into my computer to fix.  How do I close this question out?
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

Hi cathy21406

Thank you for coming back, nice to here they fix-it for you!
Good luck.

Kind regards.
Tom
Photo of TM_Kaye

TM_Kaye, Employee

• 3,274 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for updates @cathy21406!

Gladto hear everything's working now! If you have other questions or encounterproduct issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us in thiscommunity.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.