Win 10 defender keep turning on

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
i'm using Trend Micro Internet Security. When i start my computer sometimes TM doesn't activate and Win 10 defender is disabled. Trying to activate TM manually doesn't response at all. I've tried reinstalling TM but it's always same symptom and it doesn't work.
Photo of yng248su

yng248su

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of yng248su

yng248su

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Win 10 defender keep turning on.

i'm using Trend Micro Internet Security. When i start my computer sometimes TM doesn't activate and Win 10 defender is disabled. Trying to activate TM manually doesn't response at all. I've tried reinstalling TM but it's always same symptom and it doesn't work.
Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Employee

• 4,226 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hello @yng248su and welcome to the Trend Micro Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue that you encountered. We apologize for whatever inconvenience this has caused you. We understand that you are a very busy person.

Regarding with this concern that you have encountered, it is important that you do not have any other security software installed on your computer. And if there is no other security software installed on your computer aside from Trend Micro, then we'll need to clean reinstall the Trend Micro Security software on your computer. Please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the Trend Micro Security Software using the Diagnostic Toolkit
              a.    Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run program
              b.    On the open field, type: supporttool.exe
              c.    Click OK
              d.    Once the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit is open, go to (C) Uninstall and then click on 1. Uninstall Software

Step 2: Run the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool
              Please click on this link to download the tool.

Step 3: Install the Trend Micro Internet Security Software
              Please click on this link to download the installer.

We hope that these steps will help you resolve the issue. If ever you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Trend Micro Home Users Community