why my price its getting higher every year?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Photo of villegasviera

villegasviera

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of TM_Kaye

TM_Kaye, Employee

• 2,330 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello villegasviera and welcome to Community!

Thank you for posting here. 

It is possible that your account is under Auto Renewal in the past years. For accounts under auto renewal, you are entitled for a 10% discount of the original price of the package. To know more about this, you can check it here

Currently, we have an on going promo on our online store for the same package that you have and you might want to take advantage of for your renewal. 

I hope I was able to address your inquiry. 

Have a wonderful day! :)

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of villegasviera

villegasviera

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the welcoming, but I am not planning to stay long, moving forward....
Photo of TM_Kaye

TM_Kaye, Employee

• 2,330 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi villegasviera

We respect your decision for not planning to stay with Trend Micro. Thank you for having business with us in the past. 

All the best,

Photo of claudiu_botezatu

claudiu_botezatu

• 2,408 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

"why my price its getting higher every year?"

The version number of TM is higher year after year, hence the price increase every year.....

Photo of TM_Onini

TM_Onini, Employee

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello claudiu_botezatu and welcome to the Community!

"The version number of TM is higher year after year, hence the price increase every year.....” :)

There might be truth to it however, auto-renewing customers are actually given 10% discount. But what customers have to be mindful of are the add-ons in the cart like extra CD, Premium Services which at that time may sound like something you will need in the future... Make sure what’s in your cart are items that you really need.

Aside from this, its just that there are price differences when customers have the auto renewal service turned on and if it is turned off. Also, prices are subject to change without prior notice that is why we send customers an email if there are any promotions that they can avail.

I hope this helps. :)

Photo of claudiu_botezatu

claudiu_botezatu

• 2,408 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

"Make sure what’s in your cart are items that you really need."

The OP is not talking about "add-on", he/she is talking about renewing subscription which is almost ALWAIS:

1. more expensive than the previous one

2. usually is cheaper to buy a new subscription them to renew.