Why is Trend Micro blocking web sites of Fox News?

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Acknowledged
I've spent several hours trying to ascertain why all of a sudden I can't access any web sites of Fox News and have narrowed the issue to Trend Micro. It is also occurring on other computers that I have Trend Micro security on. 
Photo of tonypumilia

tonypumilia

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • This is making me angry. Ver angry. Absolutely no reason what so ever to block any of these sites.

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Max Slo

Max Slo, Champion

• 9,336 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
-I'm not a Trend Micro representative-

I have only 2 PC's in front of me now:
Trend Micro PC opens Fox News website for a while, then page is blank.
Notebook with not antivirus opens Fox News normally.
Photo of tonypumilia

tonypumilia

Yes, that sounds like what I've been experiencing. I tried approving the site manually through Trend Micro with the helpful Trend Micro tech via the phone although I still have the problem.
THANK YOU for your comment.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 24,362 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi tonypumilia

Just tested here, on my win 10 pro and on my wife's laptop win 7 Ultimate both with TM Max. No problems with Fox News here.
Amsterdam Netherlands.

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of tonypumilia

tonypumilia

Thanks for your reply Tom. I've found this issue is being experienced by numerous people on the internet although I haven't been able to ascertain if any of them have Trend Micro as well. It's entirely possible that it isn't an issue with Trend Micro. 
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 24,362 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi tonypumilia

Maybe you got Trumped ?  ;) 
Fake news  ;)

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of tonypumilia

tonypumilia

As of right now, it's FINALLY back to normal! No more issues...so far.  No one has claimed responsibility for the fix, although I'm sure it'll get blamed on the Russians for doing it.  ;)

Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 9,146 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi tonypumilia,

If ever that you will encounter the same problem with Fox News, you may provide us with the screenshot of the error so we can have a look on it too then we can provide you a solution to it.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other concern or question.

Regards,
Pat

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.