why is a new customer cheaper then a renewal?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of HeLoeb

HeLoeb

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of TM_Joemar

TM_Joemar, Alum

• 3,550 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi HeLoeb,

It is possible that those 2 licenses that you see are different.
May we know what is the renewal price and the price that you can see from our store for us to check on it?

Regards,
Joemar
Photo of HeLoeb

HeLoeb

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Both Trend Micro Inernet Security:
New Licence 3 PC/2 Years without VAT 49,92 EUR
Renewal 3 PC/2 Years without VAT 70,76 EUR

So, I Cancelled my Order
Photo of TM_Joemar

TM_Joemar, Alum

Hi HeLoeb,

I am not sure what happened but you can purchase the cheaper one from our website.

Regards,
Joemar
Photo of claudiu_botezatu

claudiu_botezatu

• 2,888 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
"I am not sure what happened..." What do you mean by "I am not sure what happened "???? This issue has been reported many times on this forum (renewal more expensive than buying new) , with users being frustrated and TM continuing the practice...
Photo of TM_Joemar

TM_Joemar, Alum

Hi claudiu_botezatu,

This usually happens when new purchases are currently running a special promotion. Just like now, there is a special promotion for new purchases.

On the other hand, renewals are based from the original price with a 10% discount.

Regards,
Joemar

claudiu_botezatu

"This usually happens when new purchases are currently running a special promotion. "

This is the usual excuse.... TM expects some losers will renew on higher prices  than the promotion.

Search the forum to see how many complained about this....

Now, if the issue has been raise so many times, how difficult would be for TM to renew at "promotion price" when there is a promotion, rather than -10% discount????
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Kree

TM_Kree, Official Rep

• 2,000 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback. The discount on the initial purchase is an additional incentive available on a limited time. The Automatic Renewal, on the other hand, is under a different plan with fixed discounts whole year round. 

HeLoeb, I will send you an email to further discuss the renewal packages.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Kree

claudiu_botezatu

Hello TM_Kree,

You can "pack" however you want, the truth remain : users who are renewing are paing much more than the users who are buying for the first time.

It seems like in 99% situations there is a "promotion" somewhere at any given time.

As a side note , I bought my TM from E-bay for 5$.
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 9,366 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi claudiu_botezatu

Our renewal comes in different packages and what has been mentioned above is one example of them. Renewal price should match the buy new price offered at the same time, and if this doesn't reflect on the customer's side, we investigate and adjust as necessary. 

Please be informed as well that we do not recommend purchasing Trend Micro products from unauthorized resellers as licenses from them can have licensing or activation issues. Our support team won't be able to assist you if this happens. 

^X

claudiu_botezatu

" Our support team won't be able to assist you if this happens."

Yes, but if nothing happens , I would pay only 5$ instead of $50.

Basically, I can try it 10 times in the "official" price!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.