Photo of bmwil.00s

bmwil.00s

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 9,178 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi bmwil.00s

Tell us more about this issue -- do you experience this when booting up your computer, opening a certain program, browsing the internet, etc.? What is the operating system of your computer? Lastly, what changes have you made on your computer before this happened (e.g. updated operating system)?

^X
Photo of bmwil.00s

bmwil.00s

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It can happen any time sometimes on start up or any time thereafter
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 9,178 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
There are possible reasons why this happens -- e.g. hardware or graphics card issues. Have you made any changes on your computer before this happened? Installed programs or Windows updates? Can you please disable the Trend Micro program and see if the issue persists? Here's how: 
  1. Right-click the Trend Micro icon on the system tray. 
  2. Click Exit
^X
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 3,012 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
@TM_X,

I think I know what bmwil.00s meant, he meant that when he wants to open the Trend Micro user interface it doesn't open up. That is also what I am facing right now. I haven't made any changes to my laptop. I always kept my Windows 10 OS up to date via Windows Update.
Photo of TM_Iya

TM_Iya, Employee

• 2,156 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi ahsans,

We're sorry to hear of your experience.

We can't say yet that you have the same experience with bmwil.00s but can you try to perform a stop and start all components via Diagnostic Toolkit and check if the problem still persists on your end?

To do that, here's how:
  1. Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. Do the following:
    • For Windows 10:
      1. Click Start > All Apps > Trend Micro Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
    • For Windows 8.1:
      1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + C to open Charms bar.
      2. Click Search.
      3. On the Search box, type "Trend".
      4. Click Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
    • For Windows 7:
      1. Go to Start > All Programs Trend Micro Security > More Tools and Help > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit
  2. Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
  3. Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
  4. From the Uninstall tab, click 5. Stop all Components and then after 5-10 seconds, click the 4. Start all Components.
  5. Close the Diagnostic toolkit after. 
  6. Open your Trend Micro program or the main console. Look for the human shadow icon beside the question mark icon and click it.
  7. Press the "About the Software".
  8. Check if the updates will take for an hour or less.
Let me know how it goes. Hope this helps.

~Iya
(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 3,012 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I didn't really know what had happened yesterday but now it's fixed. After i click on trend micro icon the UI appears. All is normal.
Photo of TM_Iya

TM_Iya, Employee

• 2,156 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi ahsans,

That's good to hear.

Let me know if you need help in the future.

~Iya