Why do I keep getting the "Transfer of Data Protection Blocked" popup all of a sudden now?

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
Why do I keep getting the "Transfer of Data Protection Blocked" popup all of a sudden now?, Happy Holidays everyone, hopefully this doesn't happen anymore after today, because popups are VERY annoying!
Photo of marc.mullo.73

marc.mullo.73

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 11,246 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello marc.mullo.73,

This means that you're using a restricted data online that you enrolled in Trend Micro Security's Data Theft Prevention feature. You may check this page for more knowledge about this matter: “Transfer of Protected Data Blocked” error message appears when visiting web pages

If you have any other concern or question, please let us know.

Regards,
Pat
Photo of dsbusiness510

dsbusiness510

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I received this message too all of a sudden, i just purchased a new computer last week, because my old one was hacked, changed all my passwords, but i logged in my old computer last night to make sure everything was deleted, i didn't use any of my new passwords on my old computer. Could it be the hackers some how got a hold to my new computer?
Photo of TM_Ann

TM_Ann, Official Rep

• 820 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello dsbusiness510 and welcome to the Trend Micro Community, 

Possible that you have received the message notification because you have entered information which is protected by  Data Theft Prevention which is a feature of Trend Micro. 
You can check the details about this feature on this link. "Using the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software"  

Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Ann

(Edited)
Photo of dsbusiness510

dsbusiness510

Hi Anm I didn't enter any information, as soon as I opened chrome and I had my previous tabs open from last night, the messages immediately came up, didn't start until I logged in to my old computer last night
Photo of TM_Ann

TM_Ann, Official Rep

Hi dsbusiness510,

Have you checked if the previous tab that you open matches the information that you entered on your Data Theft Prevention? Because even if you did not enter any data as long as the opened webpage matches the information then it will be detected by the program. 

For example:

• You entered the last four digits of your credit card number: "1040" on Data Theft Prevention.
  • You searched in Google and your search keyword contains the same number you used on the Data Theft Prevention feature.
This message appears to notify you that a protected data has been blocked by the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software. We have improved our Data Theft Prevention feature on our latest version so it can now protect these data even in HTTPS websites for better security.

You can avoid or stop getting this message by doing the following:

1. On the pop-up message, click Temporarily disable this protection.
  2. On your keyboard, press the F5 key. This will refresh the website and disable the Data Theft Protection feature for 30 minutes.
To avoid frequent notifications from this feature, type the last 8 digits of your credit card number on the Data Theft Prevention feature. This is the best practice for greater filtering.

You can also do this for the other information that you want to protect:
  • Name - Type your complete name
  • Email Address -Type your complete email address
  • Telephone number - Type your complete telephone number
To configure the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software, follow the steps on the link which I provided above. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if this works.

Ann : ) 
Photo of dsbusiness510

dsbusiness510

It helps, but I'm just saying it just started doing the pop-ups the day after I logged into my old computer. I put all my sensitive info into Trend the first day my computer came which was last Saturday, no pop-ups. I logged into my old computer Wednesday night, then I logged into my new computer Thursday, here come the pop-ups. 
Photo of dsbusiness510

dsbusiness510

Thanks for your replies Ann.
Photo of TM_Ann

TM_Ann, Official Rep

Did you enter your encounter the same pop-ups on both of the computers at the same time that they are logged in? Have you checked the Data theft prevention setting on both of the devices? 

Thank you for your response dsbusiness510 !
- Ann