Website blocked when I'm not on it and the message keeps popping up

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
I keep getting the "website blocked" massage when I'm not using any internet browser. I think the website is a virus and I do NOT want to approve it. I just click "OK" but it keeps coming back. How can I solve this?
Photo of kateamber1

kateamber1

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 20,096 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi kateamber1

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!
Can you give us more info?
OS/TM version/Browser.
And a screenshot from the window you get.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of TM_Kaye

TM_Kaye, Employee

• 2,952 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello kateamber1 and welcome to Trend Micro Community!

Thanks for helping us out here in the community, Tom Emmelot.

As mentioned by Tom, by providing us the following information, we can give you a troubleshooting steps that can resolve your problem:

1. Operating System of your Device.
2. Trend Micro Security version.
3. Internet Browser you are using.
4. Exact Error Message from Trend Micro.
5. Screenshot of the Problem. 

We will be waiting for your response. 

Have a great day to both of you! :)

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of kateamber1

kateamber1

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have Trend Micro maximum security version 12.0 I'm using Windows 10 home. I always use google chrome.
(Edited)
Photo of iudex gundyr

iudex gundyr

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Looks like your computer is accessing websites with coinminers. These coinminers are scripts may run from websites for the purpose of mining cryptocurrency using your computer's hardware resources a.k.a. CPU usage. Does your computer feel a little slow/sluggish?

I suggest to check your running processes like Task Manager and kill any browser processes like chrome.exe for Google Chrome, iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer, firefox.exe for Mozilla Firefox. If the detection still persists, then the coinminer may have been locally installed. If this is the case, you may need to further work with support team for further investigation.
Photo of TM_Yner

TM_Yner

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello kateamber1,

Trend Micro blocks the websites that may harm your device, however there are two options for you to access this website. If you want to temporarily access this website you may click on "Continue Anyway", for the second option you can add it on your Trend Micro exception list so that it will not be blocked again. Kindly refer to the link provided below on how to configure your Exception list.

Exception List Configuration

Thank you for your input, iudex gundyr.

Have a great day to both of you! :)

Trend Micro Home Users Community