Truth in Advertising

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
Will I be able to install max software on my laptop windows Vista operating system? Your Ad says Vista is one of the systems you can be using with this program or is that false advertising ?
Photo of william moore

william moore

• 70 Points
  • pissed

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello william moore ! Welcome to the community!

We understand that you wish to clarify the System Requirements of the Trend Micro Security programs specifically, with Windows Vista.

As published on our Support Site and from our US Online Stores, the Windows Vista Operating System is no longer compatible with the Latest Version (version 12of the Trend Micro Security programs.

Here is the sample link of our Official Online Store based on your region.

Maximum Security

Kindly scroll down until you see the System Requirements.

Here is our Support page that says the same thing.

System Requirements for Trend Micro Security

Microsoft has formally announced Windows XP (April 8, 2014) and Windows Vista (April 11, 2017) end of support. Because Microsoft no longer fixes issues on Windows XP and Windows Vista, it has become increasingly difficult for Trend Micro to keep users safe on these operating systems. We encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs to a more modern operating system which will provide greater stability and security.

May we know where did you see the advertisement that you are referring to so we can have it corrected? We would appreciate the help.

I hope this helps.

Trend Micro Home Users Community