Trojan worm 055BCC6126318

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Solved
I accidentally opened a link (http://update.goby609-power609.ga) and immediately closed it in about a second into a "suspicious site" window. Later in the day I got a frozen microsoft window with beeping alarm indicating "trojan worm 055BCC6126318" and to call 855-355-5113. I turned the machine off and opened with chrome and ran my trend scan. It concluded no infections, etc. Am I all set or should there be more action to take?
Photo of bdaviero

bdaviero

• 70 Points

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 4,450 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi @bdaviero and welcome to our community.

Thank you for posting your concern here.

As for the description of the malware you've encountered on your Google Chrome browser, it seems that you have been directed to a what is known as Technical Support Scam.

Technical Support Scam refers to the act of a third party (usually unaffiliated with a software vendor) who may attempt to take advantage of an unsuspecting user's concerns about malware, virus infections and other online threats in order to make money. The most common way that these scammers try and lure their victims is by making unsolicited phone calls or through the use of false advertisements to gain control of one's computer. In many cases the third party may misrepresent themselves or their company by claiming to be the original software vendor or an official support agent or representative.

For this, what we can advise is to remove any Potentially Unwanted Applications that may have been installed on the PC. You may also reset your browser settings in case the browser has been hijacked. Please visit the following links for instructions:

We hope this helps. Should there be any issues encountered while performing the steps on the links above, please do let us know so we could further assist you.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community