tricks?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Hello, I recently have been getting a notice when I turn my cmputer on that says my computer is not protected. If I check on the main screen it says I am. If I click on the notice, it seems suspicious because I am redirected to your site from what looks like another website. What's going on. This is the page I am re-directed to.
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us...
Photo of vancouverkids

vancouverkids

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 16,688 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vancouverkid,

This is a official site of TM,
Did you do what the site says you should do?
Because this should be the solution of your problem.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tom, thanks for your kindly reply!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

• 6,722 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kid. I had the exact same thing happen to me two days ago - the first time ever. I immediately disconnected from the web in case it was a threat. After disconnect, I did a restart and was able to access my Trend Micro scan start (which I could not do before the disconnect and restart.) I then ran a couple of scans, one quick, and one full.  Results showed only a couple of cookies and no major threats, so I reconnected to the 'net and went to the Trend Micro Products website. There is a section of "Free Products" and I downloaded Browser Guard and used another freebie. That one, I don't recall the name, shot up a list of many or all installed programs, some of which I had not wanted, like Television Fanatic and Bring Me Sports, and a few others. I deleted those and have not had another problem. Hope you find the solution you need.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi Tim, it's been a while not hearing from you via Trend Micro Community! How have your been? : D

Thank you for sharing you experience, it seems that you have solved your problem by your own! Please come back here at any time for any questions or problems in the future. Thank you.

Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

• 6,722 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Linda, and thank you for the compliment. I have been absorbed in a few other concerns in my life right now, so my presence here has been minimal. I do hope to continue being a productive part of this community when I am able to do so...Tim
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi Tim, 

Thank you! We appreciate your continued support :)

Best wishes!

Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi @vancouverkids, I understand your concern.

As the above Tom mentioned, the link you have been redirected is an official site of Trend Micro. Have you tried the above solution to upgrade your Trend Micro Security to the latest version? If not, here's a reference doc for the steps: 
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program

Please let us know if the solution works for you. Thanks!