TrendMicro keeps unchecking 'remember my password' on Firefox - why?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
On firefox, I keep the 'remember password' checked; now everytime I go into the browser, it's unchecked and this has only happened since using TrendMicrro.  I haven't activated password manager so I don't know why this is happening.  It's very annonying
Photo of sumitahodgson

sumitahodgson

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Community, sumitahodgson!

Can you confirm if this is with regards to "Forms & Passwords" option with a checkbox for Remember logins and passwords for websites on Firefox?

Please check that by clicking on Open Menu > Options > Privacy and Security.

Sending a screenshot can also help us understand. Thank you!
Photo of sumitahodgson

sumitahodgson

Yes it is in regard to 'Forms & Passwords', in my Privacy & Security section.  I was getting so frustrated, I've switched off TrendMicro Privacy Scanner...obviously that isn't ideal. Thank you
Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for confirming, sumitahodgson.

Unchecking this setting is one way for the Trend Micro program to help you protect your passwords since passwords stored on your browsers does not encrypt it the way the Trend Micro Password Manager program does.

You can keep the setting Remember logins and passwords for websites checked on Firefox if it's what you prefer.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you again! :)
Photo of sumitahodgson

sumitahodgson

That's the point, I do keep 'Remember logins and passwords for websites' checked but since I've installed Trend Micro it keeps getting unchecked, so can only assume that this is something to do with Trend Micro. 

This is getting very frustrating, and I want to find out how I can prevent Trend Micro from constantly unchecking this.  I've already switched off the privacy scanner and I'm at my wits end.  What do I need to do to stop Trend Micro doing this?
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 22,890 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi sumitahodgson

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!
Uninstall Password Manager, if you don't want to use it and keep de Manager in Firefox and Chrome,After that put it on in Firefox and than you are ready!
Kind regards,Tom
Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 5,222 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi @sumitahodgson,

You may follow @Tom's suggestion on uninstalling the Password Manager. Just know that saving your passwords on your browsers makes your personal information vulnerable from hackers.

Let us know how this goes. Have a great day! :)