TrendMicro Antivirus+ v10.0.1294 update issue on Windows 10

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,

I have big problems using my Windows 10 PC after last update (to v10.0.1294):
- I can't access start menu anymore
- even if I try to access task manager, I receive erros message "explorer.exe class not registered"
- if I try to launch programs from Program Files I receive errors like "file system error 1073741502"

I restored OS from a previous restore point and everything is ok. Until TrenMicro Antivirus+ update itself.

Best regards,
Claudiu
Photo of claudiu.dinica

claudiu.dinica

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi @claudiu.dinica, thanks for the reply.

Have you installed the latest version of Antivirus+? Since Antivirus+ v10.0.1294 is not the latest version, we suggest you un-install and re-install your Antivirus+ to fix this problem. Check out this article for step by step directions on how to do it.
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program

As I mentioned last time, after the reinstallation completed, please run an update manually by following steps:
  1. Right-click on the Trend Micro system tray icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
  2. Click "Check for Program Updates" and the About Your Software windows will appear and will automatically check for available updates.
If you're still seeing the error message, please provide a description or picture of the message, we'll assist you further. Thanks.

Trend Micro Home Users Community