Trend Micro Maximum Secuity no longer works on my iPad.

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Maximium Security used to work on my iPad but since update no longer runs. The error says not able to purchase this for ipad
Photo of asward1

asward1

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Sam

Sam

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Have you checked whether or not the iOS version on your iPad is compatible with the new release of TMMS? Could be that it's only available for iOS 10.

I found something similar with an iOS app update - I forget which one. 

Annoying? Sure it is.  It's becoming more and more common that development is applied only on the very latest platforms.

Are they trying to get you to spend more and more money keeping up to date with the latest technology? Sure they are.  It's your choice.

Photo of asward1

asward1

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trend micro maximium security no longer works on my iPad..

Annoyed when I can't protect all my devices
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

For this issue, we are currently confirming with our related teams and will get back to you soon.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of lpkmel

lpkmel

• 60 Points
I also have this problem and not happy about it. Seems to be taking a VERY long time to resolve
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi @lpkmel, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.  

After you also encountering the iPad issue? For this issue, if you are using the following iPad, we are sorry to inform you that the latest version of Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS that you have downloaded from the Apple App Store is not compatible with 32-bit iOS devices. 
  • iPad 2
  • iPad 3
  • iPad 4
  • iPad Mini 1st Generation
You can view the detailed information by visiting the online article below:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Mobile Security for iOS version 3.2 and 5.0

Please let me know if you have more concerns or questions by replying here. Thank you.

Photo of asward1

asward1

So what happens to the people who purchased this software under the false impression it was compatible with all their devices as stated on the packaging?
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi @asward1, our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Due to Apple's limitation, we are unable to filter the devices getting the update. For your question, here're three scenarios that might match what your question:

Scenario 1 - If you are new purchasing our Trend Micro Security product
Trend Micro Security products have an unconditional 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee. Please refer to this page for details.

Scenario 2 - If you purchased Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS app from Apple App Store 
Apple lets customers claim a refund for purchases made within the last 90 days. You can sign in below page with your apple account and request for a refund there: https://reportaproblem.apple.com/

Note: Valid refund requests are typically processed within 1 - 2 days.

Scenario 3 - If you had installed the previous version (3.1) on your iPad
You may try to restore it from iTunes. Please keep the old version installed on your device and ignore the update. Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS will provide protection from latest threat however, the features will be limited to what the current version has.

Also, if you have a plan to purchase new devices or you have other devices since the subscription is transferrable, there will be no wasted seat.  
Transferring a license from one device or computer to another

Please let us know if you encounter other issues or questions with Trend Micro product in the future. Thank you!

Photo of asward1

asward1

It looks like Trend Micro are the Microsoft of virus scanners. Take the money and that's it. I guess I will have to look elsewhere for a virus scanner that actually does what it says.
Photo of feral4769

feral4769

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I also have this problem. The new update does not support the iPad 2, so I will be interested in what happens with any developments as to the older version of the app still being available. 
Photo of verbpean

verbpean

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Keep waiting i have been waiting for 4 weeks for them to resolve this. I can't afford to update 3 mobile phones and 2 ipads.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,842 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi all,

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.  

The online KB with related information on this issue has also been updated. Please refer to this KB for detailed information and let us know if you have concerns.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Mobile Security for iOS version 3.2 and 5.0

(Edited)
It still doesn't help if you have brought a subscription to cover 6 devices.....only to discover that our iPads aren't able to download the app as they are 32 bit (ipad 4th gen).
Not happy as the whole point of purchasing was to cover us on our mobile devices.
Please see if you can create a separate app that the 32 bit users can download.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi @jamescooperexcavations, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.  

I also hope there's a way for us to protect your iOS devices. Unfortunately, the App Store does not allow a 32-bit device to download the latest version due to the incompatibility, and we don't have resolution on this. 

If you had installed the previous version of Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS from iTunes, you may try to restore it from iTunes, and keep the old version installed on your device.

If you can not restore from your iTunes, since you are a new purchasing our product, all Trend Micro Security products have an unconditional 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee. Please refer to this page for details.

And you can refer to the following link to purchase a suitable license for protecting your devices. (except:iPod Touch 5th Generation, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini 1st Generation)
http://www.trendmicro.com.au/au/home/products/software/maximum-security/index.html

Again, many apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Photo of asward1

asward1

I have IOS 10 on my iPad. Where do I download a suitable Trend Micro product for this. One of the reasons I purchased the product was to use it on all my devices. It appears you are falsely advertising the product.