Trend Micro Internet Security turning it's self off sence last update Version 12.0.1153, Componant Release Dates 10/16/17 with Win7 64 bit

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)

Sense my last Trend Micro update that asked me to restart, all
of the sudden, the flag from my “Action Center” will pop up and say Trend has is turned off. Sometimes it will start itself back up, and some times it won’t. I have used Trend Micro for years, and NEVER had an issue like this. That leads me to believe, that this last update has a defect that needs to be resolved ASAP. I’m not smart enough to be chasing viruses nor do I have the time to do so, that’s why I have always used Trend Micro. Please HELP!

Photo of kevinmayfield

kevinmayfield

• 70 Points

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Ben

Ben

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello  Kevinmayfield,
first of all did you download version 2018 for your internet security?
If not please delete it with the uninstall tool from the Trend Micro website after writing your license down. You will see that Windows defender takes over your vulnerably. 
Now install version 2018 Trend Micro Internet Security. After downloading and installing Trend Micro open your console and activate it. After this Windows defender only will work in the background and your Trend Micro software should work in as well Windows 7 and 10.
Rest of programs often conflict and that is why I advise around October or November to use the uninstall tool and after that install the new version of Trend Micro on the market.
Photo of TM_Shei

TM_Shei, Employee

• 1,138 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi kevinmayfield and welcome to the community!

Thank you Ben for sharing troubleshooting steps to help resolve this concern.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We are already aware of this issue and to fix the said concern, reinstall Trend Micro using the installer which you can get using the link below.

Upgrading Trend Micro Internet Security to the latest version

Should you have further questions, please let us know so that we can assist you.

Thank you and have a great day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.