Trend Micro Installation Bluescreen in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I cleanup the Windows 10 environment with Factory Reset. And I trying install Trend Micro Internet Security 2017 to my PC, but I just watch Bluescreen about "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".

How can I success installation Trend Micro Internet Security in Windows 10 Fall creators update?
Photo of daramkun

daramkun

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of khado007

khado007

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is this one is stable and official version for tren micro antivirus for Windows 10 fall creator? If yes why it so leggy or sometime the Madge don't respond at all.?
Photo of Certainly

Certainly

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Madge?
Photo of khado007

khado007

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
MS Edge* Sorry. I miss spell on that. 
(Edited)
Photo of TM_AngeloS

TM_AngeloS, Employee

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Khado007, we are currently aware for the performance issue of Microsoft Edge upon using the compatible build for RS3 and we are checking what we can do about it.

Rest assured that we are doing our best effort to fix it for our dear customers.
Photo of davevt31

davevt31

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Will you update this here or should another thread for this issue be started?
Photo of erza

erza, Official Rep

• 3,388 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi davevt31, @all

I checked with Support and there was only one call (since my last post) about the issue which was resolved by restarting User Mode Hooking.

Here's how:

Click Start > All Apps > Trend Micro Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
Click the (B) Threats tab.
Pause User Mode Hooking
Restart TM Security. Confirm if Edge performance has improved.
Go back to Diagnostic Toolkit and enable User Mode Hooking. Confirm if problem persists.

I suggest to submit a ticket to Support if this doesn't work so it can be investigated.

^erza
Photo of davevt31

davevt31

Thanks I will give it a try.
Photo of davevt31

davevt31

I have pause user hook checked and the forum is not freezing up when I make a post.

Unchecked the box and restarted the TIS and all seems to be working fine, maybe just a freak thing.
(Edited)
Photo of erza

erza, Official Rep

Hi davevt31,

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Could you do a few more steps?

Close MS Edge.
Go to Protection Settings > Internet & Email Control > Web Threats > is 'Prevent Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome from running malicious scripts on infected websites' checked or unchecked?
If unchecked, put a tick then Apply.
Open MS Edge.

Let me know if it's acting up again.

^erza
Photo of erza

erza, Official Rep

Hi davevt31,

After putting a tick to this setting, simply update again your Trend Micro Security. And the problem should be fixed. 

Go to About Software > Component Versions and look under Patterns -- 
Program Inspection Core Pattern, should be at least 261027.

===
For others experiencing the same problem with Edge, no need to follow all the workaround/isolation steps, simply update Trend Micro Security and the problem should be fixed!
===

^erza
(Edited)
Photo of davevt31

davevt31

They were already checked, pattern is 261027.  Everything is working nicely.  Able to write posts with no issues.
Photo of erza

erza, Official Rep

Sweet! Thanks for the confirmation davevt31

^erza
Photo of Certainly

Certainly

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are to leave the box Pause User Mode Hooking Unchecked right?  So Trend is functioning normally without any modifications or stopping and features now right?  As long as we are on the updated version?
Photo of erza

erza, Official Rep

Hi Certainly,

Yes, you are correct. No need to do anything, just get the latest updates.

^erza
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Please update Windows 10 to the end where you won't get any updates anymore. Some fixes were made just before the release. After that install Trend Micro 2018. In between Microsoft Defender will keep watch on you. If you have troubles at your computer there is a problem solution build inside Windows 10. Got to your settings and klick on update. On the left you will find a task problem solution. This will help you a lot even in future. But please update your system all the way before installing Trend Micro!
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Shei

TM_Shei, Employee

• 1,138 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi daramkun and to all other users who are experiencing the same issue.

We already released an article on our eSupport website regarding this issue. You can click the link below to resolve the said concern.

Getting BSOD in Windows 10 Fall Creators (RS3) with Trend Micro Security

Should you have further questions, please let us know so that we can assist you.

Thank you and have a great day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of Arturo Ibarra

Arturo Ibarra

• 60 Points
So who should I be mad at? Trend Micro or Microsoft? 
Photo of TM_Kim

TM_Kim, Employee

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi, Arturo Ibarra!

It appears that this issue caused inconvenience on your part. We sincerely apologize for that.

It is not our intention to cause some inconvenience on our customers regarding the issue between the Trend Micro program and the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

I truly understand how you felt about this. But, you don't need to be mad at anyone. No one wants this issue to happen.

I assure you that whenever there is a problem, there will be always a solution. A dedicated team will always come up with a solution to solve the issue.

Should you have further questions, please let us know so that we can assist you.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.