Trend micro File grew over 200GB is size

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Hi I recently had to uninstall trend micro maximum security and reinstall, as the folder size inside my C: drive had grown over 200GB in size. is there any reason this happened and any way to avoid this in the future as my C: drive is only a 256GB M.2 drive solely for running my operating system and when trend micro file grew to this size slowed my PC down to an unusable speed.
Any feed back would be great
Photo of mitchellstubbs91

• 70 Points

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of TM_JustineM

TM_JustineM, Employee

• 3,754 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello mitchellstubbs91 and welcome to the community.

Hope you are doing well today.

Apologies for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the program. One possible reason is because the program is collecting debug logs on your computer. You can click on this link for you to check on the Diagnostic Toolkit if the program is collecting any data.

Generating debug logs

Once you have followed the steps on the link on how to access the debug log of the program, please check if the "Finish collecting data" button is clickable or not. If it is clickable it means that the program is collecting data and you can just click this button for you to stop the program from collecting the data. And since you have uninstalled and reinstalled the program please monitor the Trend Micro program file if it will still consume your hard drive.

I hope this was able to answer your question, please feel free to post, comment or check other topics on this community.

Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community