Trend Micro disabling

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
For some reason, my Trend Micro disables when the computer is shut off. When booting up until I sign in the computer gives loud beeps to the point that I cannot turn it on in a public place. Any idea why it would do that? Thanks!
Photo of smcpop

smcpop

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of TM_Ann

TM_Ann, Official Rep

• 1,500 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello smcpop ! Welcome to the community! 

When did you start encountering the beep sound on your device? and have you receive any error or pop up notifications? If yes, can you provide the exact error message?  

- Ann 
Photo of smcpop

smcpop

It’s been doing so for about a week. No errors
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Alum

• 9,366 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi smcpop

It's possible that your computer is performing Power-on Self-test (POST) that checks your computer's internal hardware for compatibility and connection. The beep could mean an error that describes an issue with your machine. Can you please describe what you see when booting your computer up?

^X
Photo of smcpop

smcpop

The computer beeps from yhe moment I turn on the computer until I sign in. There are no error messages that’s why it makes it interesting. Once I sign in its ok.
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Alum

• 9,366 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I see. These beeps tell us different issues depending on how do they sound. For example, one long followed by three sequential short beeps indicates an issue with RAM or video card. Are you able to take note of how the beep sounds? This will allow us to diagnose this correctly. 

^X

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.