Trend Micro blocks my credit card information when paying bills, purchacing online and address changes

• Problem
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • In Progress

I have been a Trend Micro customer for many years. My present subscription is not the same as previous subscriptions. Every time I try to purchase an item online Trend Micro blocks the transfer of my credit card information. Added all my frequently used websites to the "exception list". I have had to disable it every time I purchase or pay bills online. I went on Trend Micro chat line and allowed the representative control my PC to see if he could resolve the problem. It worked for a day. Now it is worse than ever. I have Windows 7 (Dell Studio XPS ), a Windows 10 (HP Pavilion 23) PC and a MacBookPro laptop. Trend Micro causes problems on both Windows PC's. It is now worse than ever. I can't even update my billing information. The problem still exists even when I disable Trend Micro. What has changed? I may not renew my subscription when it expires. I am very frustrated. Please advise.

Photo of Torey M

Torey M

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 days ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 19,914 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Torey M

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!

The last part you say, " even when i disable TM the problem is there", is a point that it is not TM but something else that gives the trouble!
Can you make a screenshot of your problem.

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of TM_Ferry

TM_Ferry, Employee

• 2,486 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Torey M,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I believe you entered your billing information in the Data Theft Prevention feature of Trend Micro.

All the information you've entered in it will be checked by Trend Micro whenever you go to a certain website. When Trend Micro detects that one of the information in the Data Theft Prevention feature is in the website or you entered it in the website, Trend Micro will definitely block it.

You may disable this feature if you always do an online transaction. You may follow these steps on how to disable it. 

1. Open Trend Micro main console.
2. Click Privacy.
3. Click Configure beside the Data Theft Prevention.
4. On the Introduction page, click OK.
5. Drag the slider to switch on or off the feature.

You may re-enable the feature if you will not do an online transaction. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ferry