Trend micro antivirus + 2017 randomly stopped working, and wont work anymore.

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
I have Trend MicroTM Antivirus+ 2017 installed and it doesnt open up, including it doesnt do any scans or anything. I have had it for 8 months now, and it just started doing this maybe a month ago. Worked fine up till then.

Once again, it doesnt scan in the background anymore, and when I click on the desktop icon, it shows the initial trend micro logo, then it just disappears and nothing happens.

Help
Photo of mfische

mfische

• 70 Points

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 21,294 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi mfische

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers. I am just a volunteer.

I think uninstall TM and do a fresh install:
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program
Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of TM_son

TM_son, Employee

• 1,408 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello mfische! Thanks for contacting us in community! 

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue. The issue can be possibly caused by conflicting third-party security software or other security programs installed that can interfere with the operations of the Trend Micro Security on your computer or might be because some components of Trend Micro Security failed to start or are corrupted. We are advising our valued customers also to upgrade to the latest version to get the latest features and fix possible issues from the old version. 

You can try upgrading your Trend Micro Antivirus + Security for free, refer to this link below. 

Upgrading Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security to the latest version

If the issue still persist after upgrading to the latest version, You can perform some troubleshooting to solve the problem, refer to the link below. 

Unable to open the main console of Trend Micro Security

Pleaselet us know if the solution works for you. We'llassist you if you still encounter problems.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of sallymagint

sallymagint

• 62 Points
I had the same problem, the original antivirus program on laptop had somehow reactivated itself. I reinstalled TM which took forever a ran full and quick scan because it was running super slow. Still slower than what it should be so trying to figure what else I can do to speed it up.
Photo of TM_Jedi

TM_Jedi

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi sallymgaint,

You may try to run a PC Health Check Up so the Trend Micro Program can scan the computer for ways to clear space and maximize its performance.

To run the PC Health Checkup, do the following:
  1. Double-click on the Trend Micro icon on your desktop to open the main console.
  2. Click the Device tab.Click Device
  3. Click Start to begin the checkup.
    Click Start

You may also try the steps on the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4026616/windows-disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please let us know if the solution works for you. We'll assist you if you still encounter problems.

Thank you and have a great day!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.