Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution drives my disk usage to 100%

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
For the last two months, "Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution" will drive my disk usage to 100% for 20 - 30 seconds at a time.  BRowsers and applications become unresponsive and the PC comes to a standstill.  It will drop back and things will start working for about a minute and then it repeats the same cycle, making the machine unusable.  I have verified that the computer has MORE than the minimum requirements for running Trend Micro and Trend Password Manager.  I have verified that there are no conflicting programs installed on the machine and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Trend Micro FOUR TIMES.  The problem remains.  Running latest Windows 10 Update as of 10/5/2018.

Dell Inspiron 5894 2.3 gHz, 6 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home 1803
Trend Micro Maximum Security
Photo of jwmeyer.35076

jwmeyer.35076

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 22,568 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi jwmeyer.35076

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!
Do this first and see of the problem comes back!

Update to the latest version of TM!
Upgrading Trend Micro Security software to the latest version
Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of jwmeyer.35076

jwmeyer.35076

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for that information.  My system was running 12, not 15.  I had not seen any notifications of an update since I renewed in April 2018.  That SEEMS (for now) to have resolved the issue.
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 5,404 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi jwmeyer.35076,

Thanks for confirming. We'll close this case now. For future concerns, you may just create a new topic. 

^X

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.