Trend Micro add-ons for firefox (lastest stable version)

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hi all! Bought a new laptop with Windows 10 (64-bit). Installed Firefox 48.0.2 (32-bit). In the add-ons manager for firefox it says that these followings addons are disabled

-Trend Micro BEP Extension
-Trend Micro Osprey Extension
- Trend Micro Toolbar

The only add on that is enabled is the password manager. Should I enable those 3 add-ons?
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 3,420 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

• 10,882 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi ahsan.sabbir, thank you for asking here!

The add-ons you mentioned on Firefox require for enabling Trend Micro Toolbar feature of your Trend Micro Security program. Please refer to our support page to see what Trend Micro Toolbar can do for you: Using the Trend Micro Toolbar feature of Trend Micro Security

To protect you from dangerous websites, we suggest you activate the Trend Micro Toolbar by enabling the add-ons and restarting your Firefox. Here's a support page for the detailed steps: Enabling the Trend Micro Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox

Please feel free to let me know if you have other questions. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

Thanks TM_Claudia really helpful :)
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

You're welcome, ahsan.sabbir. I'm very glad to know I was able to help! Please feel free to contact us anytime when you need help for Trend Micro products in the future  : -)

Photo of ahsans

ahsans

@TM_Claudia. On August 30, 2016 I purchased Trend Micro Maximum Security 2016 along with my brand new laptop Windows 10 :). About the Trend Micro Maximum Security 2016, my subscription is current till next year august 30, 2017. During this present time and when TMMS 2017 becomes available will I have to download a separate file from the internet or will my current TMMS 2016 pick up the 2017 version via program update? Also I have one other question to ask you about something. Is there a way to contact you directly via PM (Private Message)?
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

Hi ahsan.sabbir, thank you for the questions! Upgrade is different from an update. 

Once a new version is ready to be downloaded and installed, a pop-up will show on the computer screen of users to notify them; a notification email will also be sent out. 

You can easily follow the instruction on the pop-up or email to upgrade your Trend Micro Maximum Security by the time.

If you would like to contact us privately, you may refer to the following help article to create a private post: [How-To] Create a discussion thread in private

We'll be glad to assist you further!

(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

Oh by the way, which location in Trend Micro Maximum Security can i see/review/check my scan logs. I can't manage to locate it.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

Sorry for my late reply. Regarding the scan result, you can click Show Details after performing a scan for further information, or you can check the Security Report icon from the main console of your Maximum Security.

We have a support article that introduces how to view the logs on Security Report:
Using the Security Report feature of Trend Micro Security
Note: in Maximum Security 2016, the Security Report icon looks like a bar chart.

Please let me know if this answer meets your needs.

Photo of ahsans

ahsans

I have got the Maximum Security 2016 and I know about the instructions that you mentioned and the link that you provided. What I meant to say that can I save these logs files for example for future reference. Most of the antivirus software and antispyware do allow users to save the logs such as MalwareBytes antimalware, avast, avg, and etc.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

If you would like to save the logs on your Computer, please click Security Report icon > Web Threats > See more details about your protection, then you can select the log you want to view and export to the place you would like to save.

Hope it helps!

(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

If TMMS 2017 doesn't detect any threats via quick/full system scan, it won't show any logs. Am I correct?
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

Yes, your understanding is correct. Security Report feature shows the records of detections. If your Trend Micro Security program doesn't detect any threats yet via Web threats Protection, Scan, PC Health Checkup, Parental Controls, I won't show any logs in Security Report. (except Update log)

Please let me know if you have other question.

(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

My upgrade from 2016 to 2017 went well. So far going well. If i discover any issues, I will report it in this forum. As of now, I don't have any other questions.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

Thank you for your update! I'm glad that I was able to answer your questions. I hope you enjoy your digital life with your Maximum Security.

Please feel free to post questions or report issues here in this community in the future.

Photo of st3v3b

st3v3b

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
still not there
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

We've created a new conversation for your issue to ensure your concerns are addressed in the most timely manner by our support team.

Please reference the new conversation here: Still not there

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.