Trend Micro Add-On issue with Firefox 63.0

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
I know Mozilla Firefox releases a new upgrade of it's firefox browser in a steady pace and when they release a new version of firefox Trend Micro add-on doesn't work and Trend Micro has to release a fix to resolve this issue. I reckon that Trend Micro and Mozilla should work together and test out Trend Micro add-on for each new version of firefox before Mozilla releases it to the public (customers) to iron out any issue or add-on compatibility with Firefox.

Please see my attachment. How do I resolve this issue. Thanks.
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 2,888 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
  • needs improvement from Trend Micro

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 24,362 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi ahsans

Look here:
[Hotfix] "Trend Micro Toolbar could not be verified..." error message appears on your Mozilla Firefox settings
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1120975.aspx?cm_mmc=Community-_-S...
But you are right that a update of TM must solve those problems.
Are you on version: 15.0.1204 of TM maximum security?
Here from you,

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of ahsans

ahsans

Hi Tom! No I am using Trend Micro Internet Security 2019 version. Ok I will apply that fix. The thing I don't understand that Everytime this issue happens we have to apply the same fix. Google Chrome works fine it only happens to Firefox. Trend Micro should do a better job than this. I trust their security product than any other security software at present.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

Hi ahsans

You are right, but i think that is a utopia!
This is what i was talking about.

Kind regards,
Tom
(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

Mine is this

(Edited)
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

Hi ahsans

You say that you trust on TM, but i see 3 programs on your desktop that say something completely different  ;)

If there is no real-time scanning on, from those 3 than no trouble, else , slowdown from browsers and computer over all.
HitmanPro put on a lot of program's and i dont know of all those programs are off after a scan.
Good luck,

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of ahsans

ahsans

My Firefox received an update called 63.0.1 and trend micro add-on completely dissapeared. (See attachment) I ran this fix https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/premium-security/1104395.aspx?cm_... but it doesn't work

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

Hi ahsans

I just updated to 63.0.1 without any problem, i suggest to close firefox, open TM configuratie, internet e-mail controls, put of Display the TM toolbar ......., Apply start and close firefox, click on again Display the TM toolbar ......., Apply start
Firefox again and see of the toolbar is there again.
Hope this worked for you.
Here from you,

Kind regards,
Tom

(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

@Tom Emmelot: You are a genius. It worked :D
Photo of FranLeigh

FranLeigh

• 60 Points
Start TM, select DATA, configure and follow directions above to go to check box for "Display the TM toolbar on Supported Browsers" and it's already checked. So I unchecked box, save,, apply quit TM and restart PC. Go back to check box to "Display the TM toolbar on Supported Browsers", click on box, save, apply and quit TM. Now when I start FF and go to "Add on's", Trend is there to enable. 
(Edited)