Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 7,980 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello crmrdmstr,

Thank you for reporting this issue that you encountered. Apologies for the inconvenience.

When you say Trend Micro blocks transactions, can you tell me more details about it please? Like what does it block? Or, when do you usually experience this issue? Lastly, do you encounter any pop up messages from Trend Micro? If you do, please provide us with the details of the pop up so we can identify which specific Trend Micro feature is causing the issue.

We'll wait for you reply.

Regards,
Pat
Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

Popup reads--Transfer of PROTECTED dATA bLOCKED program(chrome.exe(2) Category..Credit Card cc(2)  Temporary disable this protection.  No way to find out what cards are involved or how much. Am reluctant to disable without knowing details

Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

This happens almost daily and with bank accounts Trend internet security
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Ferry

TM_Ferry, Employee

• 2,536 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi crmrdmstr,

This usually happens when you entered your credit card information in the Data Theft Prevention feature of Trend Micro. Trend Micro program will block a website/page if it detected an information that you have entered in the Data Theft Prevention feature.

You may refer to this link for more details regarding this:

“Transfer of Protected Data Blocked” error message appears when visiting web pages

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ferry
Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

I discovered I had download the protection twice. One of them wasn't completely downloaded.
Removed both,and reinstalled protection. So far no additional problems. Fingers crossed.
keg
Photo of TM_Ferry

TM_Ferry, Employee

Thank you, crmrdmstr

We'll wait for your update regarding this.

Regards,
Ferry
Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

Still doing it. not as much. On both computers that have Trend. I would
just like to know what transactions are being blocked.
Photo of TM_Ferry

TM_Ferry, Employee

Hi crmrdmstr

Thank you for your update. May I know if you're doing an online transaction when you receive this message?

Kindly please check the Data Theft Prevention Feature of Trend Micro program is enabled. For you to check kindly follow these steps:

1. Open Trend Micro Main Console.
2. Click the Privacy tab.
3. Beside the Data Theft Prevention, click Configure.
4. On the Introduction page, click OK.
5. Please check if the slider is turned on.

If the Data Theft Prevention is enabled, kindly check the information entered. You may also provide us a screenshot of the pop-up message you're receiving.

We'll wait for your update. Thank you!

Regards,
Ferry
Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

No transaction being performed when the pop up occurs. In two cases the card is tied to bank account, which is why I want to know who is trying to access the info. Check the DTP page all
seems in order there. It was turned on.
Not sure if I know how to do a screenshot, but will try.
keg
Photo of TM_Kaye

TM_Kaye

• 3,274 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello crmrdmstr,

You may use the "Snipping Tool", it is a pre-installed program on your computer for you to take the screenshot of the message you are receiving. Then, click on the "camera" icon for you to attach the screenshot on your next reply. 

I would like to ask if you have type the last 8 digits of your credit card number on the Data Theft Prevention feature. This is best practice for greater filtering. You can also do this for the other information that you want to protect:

• Name - Type your complete name
  • Email Address -Type your complete email address
  • Telephone number - Type your complete telephone number
Let us know how it goes and we'll be waiting for your update.

Kind Regards,
Kaye
Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

Photo of crmrdmstr

crmrdmstr

this just came through. 
Photo of TM_Ferry

TM_Ferry, Employee

Hi crmrdmstr,

Thank you for the screenshot. The Data Theft Prevention of your Trend Micro is enabled. May we know if the Google Chrome is currently open when you received that message?

Also, Can you open up this feature and check the information registered? You may provide us a screenshot of the information. You might receive this pop-up message when the information you entered in the Data Theft Prevention feature has an identical series of numbers on the website. For example:

• You entered the last four digits of your credit card number: "1040" on Data Theft Prevention.
  • You searched in Google and your search keyword contains the same number you used on the Data Theft Prevention feature

I'll make this post private so that Admins and you are the one who can see the information. Thank you.

Regards,
Ferry