Did extensive testing on Trend, recently.
As I posted before, upon a mild to severe detection Trend would assume that certain PC parameters were changed by infection and would automatically reset them to default:
1. Windows update will be set to "Automatic update"
2. UAC will be set to "Default"
3. Files and folders visibility will be change to "visible" (even though the default is "invisible"
3. Home page in IE will be change to "blank"
4. certain detected items will be "deleted" without the possibility to restore them
While this is OK somehow if you are the user of that particular PC, however if you have Trend installed on wife/ daughter PC, this is extremely confusing; their PC's will look, al of a sudden different than before, with a lot of settings to restore.
This behavior , while embraced by the developers is somehow consistent with malware behavior, and is really impossible to like such antivirus, in spite of exceptionally good-looking GUI.