Restarting Windows in Safe Mode
(To have Internet connection while on Safe Mode, select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.)
- Using Titanium Driver Remover Tool to remove remnants of Trend Micro drivers
- Using the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool
It's quite a few steps to perform, but please do let us know if it solves your issue. We'll assist you if you still encounter problems.
Trend Micro Home Users Community
Are you comfortable running commands and deleting registry key? Follow the instructions below to delete tmel or contact Technical Support to help you with these steps:
1. In the command prompt window, type regedit.exe, and press Enter. Registry Editor will open.
2. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
3. On the File menu, click Load Hive...
4. Find the system registry key of user, and open X:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM file
5. In Key Name, type "test" then click OK
6. Delete the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\test\ControlSet001\Services\tmel
7. Select the hive (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\test) that you have previously loaded onto your system.
8. On the File menu, click Unload Hive...
9. Restart PC
Again, do this only if you are comfortable doing it by yourself. Else, I recommend you contact Technical Support for assistance.
Hope this helps.