The scan dialog box keeps opening, I try to dismiss it but it pops back up again.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
The scan dialog box keeps opening, I try to dismiss it but it pops back up again. I try hitting scan now, skip I try to postpone it but it keeps opening. I have never liked Trend for the fact that the password manager keeps opening as well, although my passwords are already save on the websites. When my subscription expires I am going to find another virus protection program that is less annoying.
Photo of pbellomo

pbellomo

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of TM_Kim

TM_Kim, Employee

• 2,192 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to hear your experience, pbellomo.

Please check if the scan was set as Smart Schedule Scan. If it was set to that, kindly switch it to Scheduled Scan and configure your preferred schedule for scan. 

In case it was already set to Scheduled Scan, kindly switch it to Smart Scheduled Scan and wait for it to complete the task.

If the issue still persists, kindly restart the components of Trend Micro. To be able to do that:
1. Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
2. Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
3. Click the 5. Stop all Components button.
4. Then click 2. Delete Now.
5. After that, click 4. Start all Components.
6. Open Trend Micro Main Console and observe if it will still persists.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need more help.

- Kim
(Edited)
Photo of j_michaelbrandon

j_michaelbrandon

• 60 Points
I'll try this when I have time. Meanwhile, the pop-up box is annoying. Correction looks to be time-consuming. I'll take this into account when renewal time comes around.
Photo of TM_Kim

TM_Kim, Employee

• 2,192 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Apologies for the inconvenience, j_michaelbrandon.

Please let us know if you need more help. Feel free to ask whenever you have time.

- Kim