[Beta] Suddenly websites are slowing down or not loading at all

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Suddenly websites are slowing down or not loading at all. Up until a couple of days ago I had no problem but now I do. Been using the Beta for a few weeks.
Even sites like nine.com.au, Facebook, etc are slow to load. Often getting a message saying do I want to 'wait or kill' the load.

Using Chrome (latest version), PC (HP Envy 16RAM), Trend MicroTM Maximum Security 2020, Cleared cache, etc.
Photo of Suzy

Suzy

• 304 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Suzy

Suzy

Now add Dropbox, BOM, games through Facebook to the growing list of sites that won't open.
Photo of msstephcameron

msstephcameron

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue over the last few days. having to close down pages etc "wait or kill" same happening.
Taking ages to action even email pages. 16 ram to , so shouldn't be slow and have fast internet , my husbands computer works well on the same network ,he doesn't have Trend at the moment. Interesting issues just starting, otherwise it's a great program.
Photo of Suzy

Suzy

Same here. Don't have Trend on my tablet and everything works fine.
Photo of mango235

mango235

• 64 Points
I am having same issues last couple of days.
Photo of TM_Dan

TM_Dan, Employee

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi msstephcameron,

I would like to ask, for clarification, if you still have the Trend Micro Maximum Security 2020 is installed on one of your computers? I am referring to the Beta Program that is currently running right now. You can read the other information from this link: In addition to this, I will send you an email in order to provide the necessary steps for this concern of yours.

Thank you,
~Dan from Beta Team
(Edited)
Photo of msstephcameron

msstephcameron

Hello Dan, 

I am using the Beta program, I downloaded Maximum 2020 and installed over my existing one which was uninstalled during the installation process.

This is on the computer I am using , I may still have non Beta one installed on other computers at home but they are not in use. Would I need to update them to.Will it affect the program even if the computers are not active at present.
I shall have a look for your email.

Thank you for your assistance, very appreciated.

Regards
Steph
Photo of TM_Dan

TM_Dan, Employee

Hi msstephcameron,

Thank you for confirming it. Please refer to (case ID: TMSEC-1897) that I have created for you. 

I believe one computer for the beta testing should be enough for the mean time. But if you want to check/verify, to know if this symptoms shows on the other computer, you can try it too. Just want to remind you that we require a Windows 10 version for this.

Regards,

~Dan from Beta Team
(Edited)
Photo of msstephcameron

msstephcameron

I have followed the email instructions so far and emailed back as i need help to find the SUPPTOOL , the web pages are hardly opening and freezing , is there a way to roll Trend back to the non Beta version. There should be 2 emails in replies from for some assistance. Thanks 
Photo of TM_Allen

TM_Allen, Employee

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi msstephcameron,

Please follow below steps how to open and collect logs using trend micro support tool

1) Under Programs look for Trend Micro folder 
2) Click Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit
3) Under Tab {A} debug click Start collecting data 
4) Replicate the issue
5) Finish collecting data
6) Send us the Support iD and SPN GUID for us to download the logs on the back end

Thanks
Photo of vikingruiz

vikingruiz

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have also seen slow downs and long waits for launching website s. Sometimes have to launch a second time before population happens.
Photo of Suzy

Suzy

I've launched some 6 or 7 times and they still won't load. :(
Photo of TM_Dan

TM_Dan, Employee

Hi vikingruiz,

I would like to ask, for clarification, if you still have the Trend Micro Maximum Security 2020 is installed on one of your computers? I am referring to the Beta Program that is currently running right now. You can read the other information from this link: In addition to this, I will send you an email in order to provide the necessary steps for this concern of yours.

Thank you,
~Dan from Beta Team
Photo of TM_Allen

TM_Allen, Employee

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Everyone,

I apologize for this. Is it possible to stop Trend Micro Toolbar and let me know if same issue will happen in chrome. To stop trend micro toolbar under Chrome extension disable trend micro toolbar.

Thanks
ALLENR
Photo of Suzy

Suzy

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Doesn't seem to make a difference on my computer. I've switched to my tablet (without Trend) so I can work.
Photo of TM_Dan

TM_Dan, Employee

Hi Suzy,

Thank you for clarifying this one. I would like to inform you that I have created a case ID: TMSEC-1843 for you and I will send you an email for the steps needed to gather information for the possible issue that you have encountered.

Regards,
~Dan from Beta Team
Photo of Suzy

Suzy

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Dan, this morning no websites will load so I've had to use my non-trend tablet to answer.
I have Trend 2020 beta on the PC that I'm having problems with. Turning off the toolbar makes no difference.
Photo of TM_Dan

TM_Dan, Employee

Hi Suzy,

Thank you for your update on your case ID: TMSEC-1843. I have received two of your emails from the case that I have created for you. I'll respond to you on that thread. 

Regards,

~Dan from Beta Team
Photo of horaciocastro

horaciocastro

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
me esta sucediendo lo mismo
Photo of TM_Dan

TM_Dan, Employee

Hi horaciocastro,

I would like to clarify if you have successfully installed the Trend Micro Maximum Security 2020 on your computer? The reason I asked is, you don't have an existing Trend Micro Beta account yet on our end. Else, do you possibly have a separate email address registered to our Beta Portal? I must inform you that the Trend Micro Beta portal account is a separate one compared to your Trend Micro for Home subscription.

Thank you,

~Dan from Beta Team
Photo of Suzy

Suzy

Thanks for all the help Dan. The problem seems to have rectified itself now. For the past few days everything has been loading without any trouble.
Fingers crossed it's solved.
Thanks Suzy
Photo of TM_Gladys

TM_Gladys, Employee

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Suzy,

Thank you very much for your verification. I will inform this to Dan.
Have a great day.

~Gladys from Beta