Slow performance when running

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I was wondering what was causing stuff to be slow as I have a good computer and don't really install programs to affect my system. Disabled Trend Micro and stuff instantly started loading as it normally should. I will not enable it again until I know it won't actually affect my PC. It scans things that shouldn't ever have issues which causes unneeded CPU usage and messes up games when trying to game.
Photo of Dini

Dini

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 24,476 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dini

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!

Look here and follow this complete!
Slow PC performance due to high CPU or memory usage of CoreServiceShell.exe

Good luck.

Kind regards,
Tom

(Edited)
Photo of Dini

Dini

Eh didn't really help as all that says to do is remove a program that's messing with it and I don't really install programs. Just games from steam. Guess I'll just deal with disabling it when every single time it's slowing my performance down.
Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 9,336 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Dini,

Welcome to the Community.

Please try Tom Emmelot's suggestion. Please get back to us if you still encounter the same issue after exhausting all three options from the provided solution.

Regards,
Pat
Photo of Dini

Dini

That was just a remove program comment which didn't really help as I don't install many programs that would mess with it. The problem is Trend Micro scanning things that don't need to be scanned. So disabling is fine with me till it's fixed I guess.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 24,476 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dini

Here is a way to avoid that!
Configuring the Exception List of Trend Micro Security software
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1059964.aspx?_ga=1.140400243.1592...
That's better than Exit TM

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of Dini

Dini

Well, I knew that. Guess I have to configure every program that has no business in being scanned. Got it. 
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 6,346 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dini

Please let us know if that worked. 

^X