Security Update for MS Windows (KB 2918614) not found in my updates, so how do I use the recommended fix for installation stopping at 70%?

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Security Update for MS Windows (KB 2918614) not be found in my updates, so how do I use the recommended fix for installation stopping at 70%?
Photo of mdrdv

mdrdv

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,822 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I understand you've tried this support page - "Installation Incomplete" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Security software and it stops between 70 to 100 percent - and couldn't find Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB 2918614). Since the update is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 7.1, if you're using Windows 10 or already installed the update before, it might not appear in your updates.

If you haven't proceeded to STEP 2 in above support page yet, please finish all remaining steps and let us know how it goes.

If the problem persists, please send us a screenshot of the installation error and describe the problem in detail, and I will do my best to help. Here's an online document to help you take a screenshot: Taking a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of mdrdv

mdrdv

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
After several attempts yesterday, I was finally able to fully re-install Trend Micro. Fixes by Trend Micro or Microsoft?
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,822 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the update! I'm not sure if Microsoft fixes this problem, however, it's good to hear the installation completed in your end. 

Please feel free to come back here in the future if you need anything else.

Trend Micro Home Users Community