Scanning/filtering running 100% time. Dragging performance down. How do I cut it back?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
Disk access from scanning and filtering have pegged the limit.  How do I limit?
Photo of alanfsweet

alanfsweet

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Home Users Community, alanfsweet.

Sorry for the issue that you're currently having but can we ask the System Information of your PC? It's possible that your PC does not have the recommended system requirements for the Trend Micro program.

By the way, you can contact our Premium Support Hotline (since you are a Premium subscriber) if in case live support is more convenient for you. Premium Support hotline is 1-877-275-8611 Option 2.

Thank you!
Photo of alanfsweet

alanfsweet

This is one reason that I don't like this type of tech support.  The first thing you do is challenge the legitimacy of the the person or the question.  Why don;t you assume that the client is reasonable and offer a suggestion rather than berating their understanding.
Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi alanfsweet,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, we are merely asking for more details for us to provide proper solution.

The program does not have any options to limit the resources it needs from the PC when running a scan but you can choose from 'Extra Security', 'Balanced Protection (Recommended)', and 'Extra Performance'. Check this link to see the instructions on how to open 'System Startup'.

As for normal troubleshooting, uninstall any incompatible software or PUA on your PC. Moreover, what are programs running while you do the scan?

Regards,
Photo of alanfsweet

alanfsweet

Scanning is running and reporting with nothing running, all devices disconnected, only C drive, .. Task monitor shows disc accesses pegged. Max Swcurity pop up comes up about every 15-20 mins with checked scanning and filtering
(Edited)
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 5,438 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi alanfswee

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. This may be related to the scan and start-up issues that were reported. Can you please check if the instructions in this link help?

https://en.community.trendmicro.com/tm_en/topics/updates-on-some-issues-with-scanning-and-trend-micr...

Thanks! 

^X

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.