Scam or Not?

• Question
  • Updated 21 hours ago
  • (Edited)
I received the following email this morning (Tuesday, 12/04/18) and was wondering if this is a scam or something.  To my knowledge, I have never had an Apple account.  This was cut/pasted from the email exactly as received, therefore:

Online (ID) <communications3032.e-donoreply (at) suinao...> New Login December 03, 2018 at 1:31 PM Wellington, New Zealand Firefox on Windows Review Login Please do not reply to this email. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions,simply visit our Help Center.
Dec 3 at 2:22 PM

New Login   December 03, 2018 at 1:31 PM   Wellington, New Zealand   Firefox on Windows        Review Login   

<Admin: URL removed>
Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

• 8,210 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of TM_Mac

TM_Mac, Official Rep

• 1,310 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello woodartisan55,

Basing on the email's composition that you sent, it can either be a system generated email from Firefox or it could also be possibly a scam, though I can't see anything in the email that it's asking for any sensitive personal information from you. 

Regardless, if you are not sure of the email and do not need it anyway, you can try to run a full scan just to make sure everything is alright. Also, to learn more about this scams, you may refer to this link: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Suspected Third Party Technical Support Scams

Hope this helps. 

Regards, 
Mac
Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

Thank you TM_Mac.  I normally do a quick scan and sometimes a full before I shut down at night.  Because I have my settings on  the highest levels, "hypersensitive", it's unusual to have a problem.

I just made certain not to click on anything in the email believing that if I did so, I might be letting in an unknown/unwanted entity.  More than anything, I wanted to see if this has been a common email to others using Trend Micro.  Also, I use I.E. and not Firefox or Chrome.  Thanks again.
After following the link provided on FAQs, there is one other I may suggest which I have used myself on any occasion I thought a third party might be trying to gain entry to my device, That is: Disconnect from the internet immediately to cut off access.
(Edited)
Photo of erza

erza, Official Rep

• 3,288 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi woodartisan55,

We have a new free online service that can quickly let you know if the email or sms you received intends to deceive you.

Copy and paste the content here:
https://fraudbuster.trendmicro.com/

The results is High Scam Risk.

^erza
Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

Thank you erza!  This sounds like a highly useful tool and I have transferred it to a tile on my start page.
Photo of Max Slo

Max Slo, Champion

• 9,348 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Photo of TM_Mac

TM_Mac, Official Rep

• 1,310 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome woodartisan55. And thank you also for the suggestion. 

Regards, 
Mac