Renewal

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
how can I renew without clicking "I Agree-Continue" which is for auto-renewal forever and ever. I want to do just one year, now. I don't see a "No Thanks."
Photo of granddaddy1us

granddaddy1us

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amir

Amir

• 3,686 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi ,

Do you want Auto-renewal only for next 1 year ?

Regards ,

Amir
Photo of granddaddy1us

granddaddy1us

I want to renew.  I do not want auto-renewal at all.
Photo of Amir

Amir

Hi ,

it is easy .

from trendsecure panel disable auto-renewal .

Then any time you want ( near expire time ) you can click on renewal option from Trend micro Antivirus or Trend Micro notification Email and can renewal license .

Regards ,

Amir
Photo of frankpliska

frankpliska

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

My renewal option wants to charge me $5 more than I can get it new on line.  Maximum Sec 10 $39.95 new, $44.95 renewal. No chat available to trend to ask why. I would think they would give returning customers a better deal. Iv had them for 6 yrs.

I have the same problem with Internet Security (3 PC ́s). Another product but also 5 EUR difference between renewal and new purchase.
So I canceled the Autorenewal and will do a new puchase.
My comment on this and I have seen the offical answer from TrendMicro:

This practice of business is not good. To treat new customers better than existing customers is always bad and has the risk of loosing them!
Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 5,222 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi friedrich.schroeder.fs,

Thank you for this feedback. We truly understand why you feel that way.

Please also understand that we run separate promotional offers for new purchases and renewal purchases from time-to-time. We do not mean to compromise the loyalty of existing customers and are actually very grateful to all the Trenders like you, who stays loyal to us.

Just like you, we'd like to invite new customers to experience the confidence Trend Micro gives to its Trenders in terms of their security and privacy by setting a cheaper introductory price. Also, unlike existing customers, those who haven't tried out Trend Micro yet--specially new customers--are still unfamiliar on how the program works or even the installation process. 

By the way, Auto-Renewal is a service offered by Trend Micro and its online sales partner, Digital River, which is designedto automatically extend your subscription right before it is due to expire,which means that you will not have to manually perform the renewal process. This option only provides 10%-15% discount which is the reason why Auto-Renew costs a bit expensive than the price by manually renewing the subscription.

Customers still have an option to cancel the Auto-Renewal by logging in to Trend Micro account, though.

We value every and all Trenders worldwide and we truly appreciate and treasure all the years you've been with us. Compromising our relationship has never been our intention and will never be. We hope though, that we're able to attend to your concern.

Thank you so much for understanding and please do not hesitate to let us know if you have further concerns.

We hope you have a safe, great day! :)

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of rjc

rjc

• 60 Points
my recent Internet Security Auto Renewal 'loyalty' option wants to charge me £50 to 'reward me for staying', while a new install costs £30.. that's not just terrible marketing, it's just plain exploitative
Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 5,222 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi rjc!

Thank you for this information! Upon checking, the £50 and not an Auto-Renewal offer. You may purchase a new license and just change the serial number of the Trend Micro program on your PC to continue with the protection on your PC. :)

Photo of granddaddy1us

granddaddy1us

I do no want to have to disable auto-renewal... I just want to buy one year by year.  I don't want auto-renewal at all.  Can't I do that?  
Photo of Amir

Amir

Do You want use auto-renewal , or want manually renewal license ?

auto-renewal is a feature : near expire date , automatic charge your credit card and renewal your license .

Regards ,

Amir
Photo of granddaddy1us

granddaddy1us

I do not have now nor do I want auto-renewal in the future. I just want to buy one year, just renewal.  I've never had to accept auto-renewal before. I don't want it now.  After I fill in information, if i click the "I accept-continue" it will automatically put me into auto-renewal.  I see no "No Thanks" option.I don't want them to automatically charge my credit card, next time & next time.  I'll decide...each time, each year.  Thanks.
Photo of lgilchrist4756

lgilchrist4756

• 60 Points
I agree - I don't want to be forced to take the auto-renewal option.  Is there no way to buy just a one year renewal?
Photo of Kay Malm

Kay Malm

do not want to have to disable auto renew after purchase or at any time!
Photo of TM_JimL

TM_JimL

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Apologies for not seeing an option to turn off the Auto Renewal. You need not to worry about it because there will be an option to disable it after the purchase. To turn off the Auto Renewal feature, you may click on this link:

Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Auto-Renew

Let us know if it worked.
(Edited)
Photo of granddaddy1us

granddaddy1us

I just want to renew.  I don't want auto renewal.  I don't want to disable auto renewal after the purchase...  I just want to renew, period.  I should have a choice of auto renewal or "NO THANKS".  
Photo of TM_JimL

TM_JimL

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The Auto Renewal status is set to ON by default, as it is part of Digital River's terms and conditions whenever you purchase online. However, you may turn it off every AFTER the purchase. That's our only option for now.
Photo of steve

steve

• 60 Points
I am in the same situation as granddaddy1us. I, too, want to renew for a year but will not agree to the auto renewal. If I can't get around it, I'll find a different product.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @steve,

To answer your question, you can manually renew your license by the following options. Please refer to the link below for detailed steps:
  1. Renewing your Trend Micro program subscription
  2. Go to Trend Micro Online Renewal and use your serial number to renew. 
Please let us know if your concern has been addressed by us. If not, please do not hesitate to reply in this conversation. Thank you!

(Edited)
Photo of Kay Malm

Kay Malm

I just did this and it still says I need to renew. concern is not addressed!
Photo of granddaddy1us

granddaddy1us

Too bad... I've used Trend Micro for years without auto renewal, so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.  One option isn't satisfactory.  Good Bye
Photo of TM_LoidaS

TM_LoidaS

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sad to inform you about the system limitation at the moment. Anyways, if you are still interested in our product, you can turn off the Auto Renewal after purchase.  Or we can trigger it on our end and turn it off once you have successfully purchased the product.

Hope you may reconsider.
Photo of Schiwata

Schiwata

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Or you can purchase retail. Guaranteed no automatic "renewal".
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 5,202 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
That's right, @Schiwata!

Our retail partners have their own purchasing and promotions policy. We offer Auto-Renew for online purchase since moving forward, renewal of the license will be made online and we want to provide convenience to our customers.
Photo of fog

fog

• 70 Points
I just want to renew and know that I am covered.
Photo of fog

fog

• 70 Points
I just want to renew and know that I am covered.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @fog, welcome to Community!

To answer your question, please refer to the link below for detailed steps to renew your subscription:
Renewing your Trend Micro program subscription

Also, you can go to Trend Micro Online Renewal and use your serial number to renew. 

If you want to avail the latest promos and discounts, I suggest you check out the Trend Micro Online Store

If you still encountering problems, please let us know. We'll help you further. Thank you!

Photo of claudiu_botezatu

claudiu_botezatu

• 2,708 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Why don't you buy another  1 year license somewhere else and uninstall the existing Trend, download the latest version and reinstall.

You may get a 1 month trial (maybe!) and after that you can insert your license.

Is a 5 min process...

Photo of barntobehappy

barntobehappy

• 60 Points
In other words we are screwed. Trend Micro would rather piss those of us who pay attention off than let us choose at purchase time because most people forget to go turn it off. I too have been using Trend Micro for years and this makes me want to run away and use some other product. They are not top ranked for quality anymore nor the cheapest so I I think I'm going to switch to a different product.
Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi, barntobehappy. We make the information on how to disable the automatic renewal available to everyone especially that we inform our clients with automatic renewal before continuing with purchase online.

Warm Regards... :)
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.