recieving the following ERROR every few minutes:

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Recieving the following ERROR every few minutes: ERROR LOADING EXTENSION, failed to load extension from C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TMIDS\Tower\tower_Main Manifest is not valid JSON, Line 1, Column:1, Unexpected Token.
Photo of PAPASHADETREE

PAPASHADETREE

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of TM_Ferry

TM_Ferry, Employee

• 2,536 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi PAPASHADETREE,

Thank you for posting your concern here. Apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

This issue is from the Password Manager. Let's try reinstalling it and see if it will fix the issue. Please follow these steps to reinstall your Trend Micro Password Manager:
Kindly the password manager on your computer.

Here's the link on how to remove it:

https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/password-manager/1059628.aspx

Now after removingthe password manager, download and install the latest version of the program.

https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/password-manager/1059643.aspx

If the issue still persists, you may contact our Premium Support Hotline for us to assist you further regarding this issue since your subscription has an Ultimate Service Plan. You may call them on your most convenient time. Please refer to this link for the contact details:

Contact Trend Micro Technical Support

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of lellen463

lellen463

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi,
I got this as well, and when i tried the solution to uninstall i just get "can't uninstall due to corrupted installation files" something like that. If i just try to install with the new installation file it says that it's already installed. Removed the folder TMIDS manually but still no luck... Well i got rid of the annoying popup anyway..... seems that i'm in a loop right now.
Photo of TM_Victor

TM_Victor, Employee

• 4,942 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi lellen463,

May we know how did you remove the old TMIDS folder? Was it inside the Trend Micro folder found on the C:\Program Files folder?

If this is the case, then the reason for the uninstallation could not proceed is due to the files needed for proper removal is gone.

Can I suggest that you contact our support lines so that we can guide you on how to proceed regarding your case?

The contact number are found on this link - Ways to Contact Trend Micro Support. Your case now needs advance troubleshooting procedures as the manual removal would not work due to remnant files that were left due to improper uninstallation.

We hope that you understand so that we can resolve your issue at once.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Photo of lellen463

lellen463

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Victor,

Thanks for your answer, didn't saw it until now.

Well i couldn't uninstall from the beginning several times before i deleted the C:\Program Files\TMIDS folder that was the last resort just to get rid of the popup that made my PC almost unusable.  I followed the advise here https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/password-manager/1059628.aspx?_ga...
Both the apps and features one and the control panel one with same result "the setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy". I had the TMIDS folder in my recycle bin I just restored it and tried again. Well i'll contact the support as you suggested.

Thanks
Photo of TM_Jabi

TM_Jabi

• 7,242 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello lellen463

We will wait for your contact. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.