Possible Keylogger

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
I recently was notified by my retirement account security protection department, that someone had tried to access my account. It seems it was tried with a keylogger program. They locked down my account, until I was able to speak with them (I was out of the country). The last time I was on that website it was 4/18/19, and, the attempted login was on 4/26/19. I wasn't even home on this computer, during that time. I always run scans, and, nothing hit before I left, and, nothing hit today, when, I did a full scan! So, what confidence do I have that I really don't have a keylogger program on my computer, since, your program isn't telling me I have one?
Photo of AkSusan83

AkSusan83

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of TM_Cha

TM_Cha, Employee

• 1,834 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to hear about this, AkSusan83.

Please check the programs installed on your computer and let us know if there is a suspicious program that you are unaware of. 

Also, have you downloaded any program before you left the country? 

Awaiting your response.

~Cha
(Edited)
Photo of AkSusan83

AkSusan83

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
There are no suspicious programs on the computer.  I had not downloaded anything before I left.
After doing the Trend Micro scans on both my computer and laptop, I had the Geek Squad run additional anti virus software, and, clean up my computer and nothing was found.  After, speaking with the company again, I mentioned that everything that had come back clean, and, they then responded, that, their best guess was keylogger, so, since, I came out clean, it may of been some other way, that it was accessed!  So, everything is now clean, passwords changed!  So, I've done what I can, and, hopefully, nothing new will show up!
Photo of TM_Ann

TM_Ann, Official Rep

• 1,890 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the response AkSusan83 and its good to know everything is okay now on your device. 
Let us know if you need anything else. 

- Ann

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.