outlook 2016 become hang after install Trend Micro AV
Photo of eddie

eddie

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 7,980 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello eddie and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue that you encountered. Apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly follow the steps below to help us resolve this issue.

Step 1. Run Microsoft Office Repair Tool

• Press the Windows button on your keyboard and letter "R" both at the same time to open the Run Console.
  • Once the Run Console is open, please type: appwiz.cpl
  • It will now open a window that lists down all of the installed applications on your computer. Look for Microsoft Office Professional and then click it once. Once selected, click on "Change". Please see the figure below for your reference

Figure 1. Select Microsoft Office Professional and then click "Change"

Step 2: Initiate Repair
  • Select "Repair" and then click on "Continue".

Figure 2. Initiate Repair for Microsoft Office

Please wait for the process to finish. Once done, please try to open Microsoft Outlook again.

I hope this helps! Should you have any other concern, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

(Edited)
Photo of eddie

eddie

I do not Microsoft Office Professional , pls help
Photo of trish-

trish-

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Eddie, I'm sorry I don't have much help for you except to say, I couldn't get my Office Professional programs to work after installing Trend.  I had to uninstall Trend completely off my computer then I installed McAfee Virus protection and everything works fine.  I will never go back to Trend.
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello eddie ! 

May we know what specific version of the Outlook program are you using so we can further identify if our program is fully compatible with the AntiSpam toolbar?

If you are using the Home and Office version, those will be the same steps as well.

Kindly proceed as illustrated above and let us know what happens next.

Photo of trish-

trish-

Ridiculous.  Why am I constantly being asked to try various "fixes."  I don't want to try anymore "fixes" and I don't want to modify my other programs because they work perfectly without Trend.  Once Trend was installed, problem after problem.  Nope, no more. I want a refund. Please let me know when the refund has been posted to my credit card.
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

We understand that you are still having troubles with your Trend Micro program and you do not wish to perform the steps to have it resolved. I would like to advise that you contact our supports instead so they can help you further and walk you through the whole process so we can work this out. You can contact them through these channels:

Contact Trend Micro Technical Support

We are looking forward in hearing from you soon.

Photo of trish-

trish-

Are you kidding me???? What part of I DON'T WANT TO TRY ANY MORE FIXES do you not understand???  I just stated I don't want to try anymore fixes.  I have already spent too much time on this issue and am NOT going to spend anymore time trying to make Trend work with my Outlook.  I explained this pretty clearly in the previous post and you follow-up by advising me to contact Technical Support??? 
(Edited)
Photo of eddie

eddie

Dear sir, I am not the staff of the Trend Micro, I have above problem with outlook 2016, so posting for asking any help from Trend Micro. My English is not good enough, do you have same problem a me and asking Trend micro to solve it but cannot help too? Br, Eddie
Photo of iudex gundyr

iudex gundyr

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi eddie,

Did you enable Trend Micro Anti-Spam? This feature only supports the following Outlook Email protocols:

• POP3
  • SMTP
  • Exchange Server
If you have IMAP on your outlook and enable Anti-Spam you might experience some issues like hangs, freeze, etc.

To confirm this possibility, i suggest to first check your Anti-Spam settings and if it is enabled, then we might need to turn it off. Steps are as below:

1. Close Outlook
2. Open Trend Micro
3. Click Settings
4. Click Internet & Email Controls
5. Click Spam & Emailed Files
6. Make sure the option: "Filter out unsolicited advertisements and other unwanted email messages from your Outlook inbox" is Unchecked.
7. Click Apply

Let me know how it goes.
Photo of eddie

eddie

I sure uncheck the option: "Filter out unsolicited advertisements and other unwanted email messages from your Outlook inbox" that is Unchecked.
Photo of trish-

trish-

Good luck Eddie...all I can say is you are likely to continue having problems with Trend.  I tried for days to work out the kinks and finally gave up.  Demanded a refund which they finally agreed to give.  Then when I wrote a review of their product (the review not being favorable of course) they shared that it didn't "meet their requirements" thus they deleted the post.  Censorship might work on their page but it won't work everywhere else.  I had thought to let it go after learning I was getting a refund.  But now, after learning my review has been rejected, I have decided to ensure all my social media friends know about this product.  No wonder the Trend website has so many good reviews...they edit them and remove the ones they don't like.  Not ethical behavior and with social media the way it is, unethical behavior does not pay.  By the way, I installed McAfee and everything works beautifully.  No fixes required.
Photo of eddie

eddie

Sorry to hear about that happy to hear you refund from Trend. I used McAfee in the past and feel very cool but the license was expired and follow my company instruction to use this not good Trend Micro AV......I have no chooses......and send my problem to my USA head office and hope they will change back to McAfee.......soon. Thank you for your message that we can refund from Trend.
Photo of trish-

trish-

Hi Eddie, I truly hope you are able to get the help you need...I wish I knew how to help you...sorry that I don't.  I'm hopeful Trend will find the right fix to help you out.  I do believe they try, it's just that computer problems can be so frustrating and when you pay money for a product, you expect it to do what it says it's going to do, not create more work for you.  Having said that, perhaps they can get everything fixed for you.  Best wishes!
Photo of eddie

eddie

Dear Trish, Thank you for your reply and will keep you post once I got a good new or fix the problem. Thanks, Eddie
Photo of TM_JB

TM_JB, Official Rep

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi trish-!

I'd just like to interject for a moment. I actually saw the reviews you posted. I believe it was under the "Jenn Robb" name if I'm not mistaken. I'll provide an explanation as to why the first one was rejected while the second one was allowed, despite both being negative.

The first review kept mentioning McAfee which is why it was rejected. The reviews page has certain moderation codes which rejects the review depending on the content. In this case, it was due to Competitor References scattered all around said review.

The second review does not contain any such mentions of Competitor products and was allowed because it simply refers to our product. It does not trigger any other moderation codes as well therefore it was not rejected.

Even positive reviews, either the content itself being positive or being a high-star review, can get rejected due to triggering the moderation codes.

The product reviews page is specifically made for talking about the product itself.

I hope that answers the question why it was rejected.

As for eddie, did you happen to try TM_Kiko's suggestion above?

We'd also like to know the answer to his other question which was:

"May we know what specific version of the Outlook program are you using so we can further identify if our program is fully compatible with the AntiSpam toolbar?"

We still look forward to helping you out with this issue eddie.
Photo of eddie

eddie

I did followed TM_Kiko's suggestion but not work, my OUTLOOK 2016 still hanging. Pls see below print scree what is the version Microsoft Office 365. Hope you can solve my problem.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 22,858 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi eddie

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, I am just a volunteer.
Do you use Outlook 365 or 2016???
Do a uninstall of TM run your Outlook version and do a repair if needed. Then install TM again.
If you got any Error window in this process make a screenshot so we know exactly what is going wrong.
Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of eddie

eddie

Hi Tom, thank you try to solve my problem....I am using outlook 2016. Pls find below two videos how outlook hanging and became slowly after installed Trend. I uninstall Trend but the problem still occur.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfehjrehevvi8he/20180126_103120_x264.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qnbj6kr6abg7p0/20180126_100133_x264.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Eddie

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 22,858 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi eddie,

Follow this repair, works for Office 2010 also!

Step 1. Run Microsoft Office Repair Tool

• Press the Windows button on your keyboard and letter "R" both at the same time to open the Run Console.
  • Once the Run Console is open, please type: appwiz.cpl
  • It will now open a window that lists down all of the installed applications on your computer. Look for Microsoft Office Professional and then click it once. Once selected, click on "Change". Please see the figure below for your reference

Figure 1. Select Microsoft Office Professional and then click "Change"

Step 2: Initiate Repair
  • Select "Repair" and then click on "Continue".

Figure 2. Initiate Repair for Microsoft Office

Please wait for the process to finish. Once done, please try to open Microsoft Outlook again.

I hope this helps!
Then install TM again.

Kind regards ,
Tom
Photo of TM_JustineM

TM_JustineM, Employee

• 3,774 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello eddie,

Apologies for the late reply. I would also like to thank Tom Emmelot for the response.

As to what tom said please try to do the steps and let us know if the issue still reoccurs.

We will wait for your reply.

Thank you!

Photo of eddie

eddie

Dear Tom and TM_JustineM, I did same method provided from TM_Pat 2 weeks ago in the top of this page you can see, but not work. I have a good news, I find another way to fix my problem a hr ago. I remove my outlook email account and create a new one. Now look like work and will adv if still have problem in this few days. Thank you all body help, Eddie

Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

Hello eddie!

That is so nice to hear! We appreciate your response in letting us know what fixed the problem.

Thank you so much for posting here in the community.

Have a wonderful day!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.