On TM Maximum Security, can web filtering b permanently disabled?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
On TM Maximum Security, can web filtering b permanently disabled? Not just disabled until the next restart. I have a real problem with software that tells you what your setting should be.
Photo of kevinandjaneb

kevinandjaneb

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of TM_Joemar

TM_Joemar, Alum

• 3,550 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi kevinandjaneb,

You may disable it from the web threats tab on settings.

Please check this page for the details.
Configuring the Web Threats setting of Trend Micro Security

Regards,
Joemar
Photo of kevinandjaneb

kevinandjaneb

Hi Joemar,

Thank you for the reply.   I understand I can disable it from settings.  However, every time I reboot it re enables.  can I this feature permanently based on my personal needs?  
Photo of TM_Joemar

TM_Joemar, Alum

• 3,550 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi kevinandjaneb,

You may remove the Trend Micro toolbar on your browser for you to permanently disable the web filtering.

^Joemar
(Edited)
Photo of kevinandjaneb

kevinandjaneb

Thanks again Joemar for following up.  The Trend Micro toolbar is already not installed, it was declined when it asked to install and the program still gives me messages asking to install it.   Any other ideas?
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 27,668 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi  kevinandjaneb

I dont understand your problem can you give a screenshot from that message?
Because it should be gone after disabling it!

Kind regards,
Tom

Photo of kevinandjaneb

kevinandjaneb

Hi Tom,

This is all I can offer for a screenshot.  As you can see the options in the corner message window only allows you to disable web protection until the next restart.  So far, I have had to go through this very inconvenient process five or six times.  Surely Trend Micro is not disallowing users their own preferences.
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Alum

• 9,426 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi kevinandjaneb

I'm afraid we cannot disable the Web Threat Protection permanently. This is responsible for the real-time web protection and disabling it exposes you from risks. 

^X
Photo of kevinandjaneb

kevinandjaneb

How incredibly disappointing that Trend Micro dictates how users apply their software.  Well I'm out, good thing I only paid a couple of bucks for this software, understand the price now.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

Hi kevinandjaneb

I think you better write your own AV program, then you are able to make it work like you wants, a AV program where you can put OFF the protection that easy is no AV program! Your Win 10 does a lot what you dont want , take a MAC, o **** they say exactly what you may do, take a Android, o **** they say exactly what you may do.
I say TM protects me since 1995, and i never had a virus that not was killed by TM.
No reason to say the software is not OK just because you want to behave it like you want, you totally forget that you may know how to put things on and off, but 90% or more of the users don't!!!

Kind regards,
Tom
(Edited)
Photo of kevinandjaneb

kevinandjaneb

Hi Tom.

Thanks for your opinion.  Seems like you are okay with software programs that dictate your settings, probably because your not tech savvy enough to understand what they do and how to change what they do, but that's up to you.  And your wrong about Win10, there is a lot of default settings that users don't want initially but virtually all Win10 default settings can be disabled or turned off unlike TM, you probably just aren't sure how to do that would be my guess. Yes that is exactly the reason to say software is not OK if you cannot set personal preferences, TM is my personal property not my employer. 

Kind regards in return
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

Hi kevinandjaneb

I think i know enough to see  that the most of the people dont know how software works and what is good or not good, so i think TM is more for the dummy's and not for the won that know exact what they are doing and that i see here all the time!!!
You dont need TM if you know exact what you are doing. I help here and in my surrounding with all the people that dont know what they are doing and put TM on there computer and then make it that they cant put it off by accident!! And check up from time to time.  They blame here TM for all there own stupidity, and i think if TM dont do it this way, they get a lot more the blame!
My point is that it does where it stands for, no reason to say that the software is not good, for you maybe but for the most it is ok!
And yes i change all the settings in win 10 and do so after almost every big update, but the most off the people dont do that and are just glad that they can work save!
There is a lot that you can change in TM but not all!

Kind regards,
Tom