Ok - Friday I had the problem of ERROR 0xc00000e5 after installing Max Security 2017 & they seemed to fix it.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I shut everything down & come in this morning & nothing works again along with ALOT more programs. Exception List is still there. I installed this on 7 computers in the office Friday & we all run the same programs with the exception on 1 (QBooks). They have not a single problem & NO EXCEPTIONS on their computers & I have a mile long list & nothing wants to work. I disable Trend Mirco & EVERYTHING works. So how am I supposed to use this program if my computer shuts down when I have it on????
Photo of sherryjackson

sherryjackson

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_JK

TM_JK

• 2,382 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi @sherryjackson

Thank you for letting us know that you experience the issueonce again.

Apologies for theinconvenience this issue has caused to you. Don’tworry, we are still here to help and assist you.

Since you have added the said program in theexception list and the problem still persists, you may visit and click the linkbelow for the steps:

Trend Micro Security keeps on detecting files or programs that are already added to the Exception List

Try opening the affected programs again to checkif it will open after being added to the White List.

We hope this helps and we'll be waiting for yourconfirmation. In case you have further concerns, please do not hesitate torespond to this post.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of sherryjackson

sherryjackson

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
If all 7 computers run the exact same programs with the exception I run Quick Books, why does no one else have any "exceptions" on their computers & all their programs run just fine?
Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi @sherryjackson and our apologies for the trouble you're currently experiencing.

I've checked on the Error 0xc00000e5 and this must be due to a false detection.

To help you solve this, please check if there are any other security programs installed on your computer and then uninstall it. Here is the list of programs we need to uninstall to avoid getting performance issues with the Trend Micro:

Programs to remove before installing Trend Micro Security

Once that's done, you may try reinstalling the Trend Micro program so that the installer itself may be able to check for conflicting programs.

For you to download the latest version of the Trend Micro program, you can refer on the link below:

Installing Maximum Security 2017

Let us know any updates. Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.