New spam payload-antispam

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hi, I have been a trendmicro user for over 10yrs now and i'm very satisfied. However, what can be done about the new spam situation that has arisen out of the onmicrosoft.com vanity domains This is an email problem that has developed within the last 2 weeks
Photo of seafoodguy13

seafoodguy13

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jhja

Jhja

• 2,658 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Photo of seafoodguy13

seafoodguy13

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled BTW, this is an email problem that has recently developed within the last 2 weeks....
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @seafoodguy13, Thanks for being a loyal Trend Micro product customer! 

For your question, as part of Maximum Security, an Antispam Toolbar feature is available for mail programs installed on your PC. (e.g. MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc.). If you have set up the mail program to receive emails from your Office365 account, the spams from those email accounts will be filtered. 

However, if you use email service's website directly (onmicrosoft.com ), then Antispam Toolbar cannot filter spam mails there. We suggest you contact Microsoft's support page to resolve your issue:
Help for Microsoft 

If you are using supported mail programs but still have some problems with spam mails, we need a bit more information from you:
- e-mail program used (e.g. Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail)
- Provide detailed descriptions of the situation you're encountering and a screenshot of your issue.

Once we understand more background, we'll be able to better assist you and recommend solutions. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of seafoodguy13

seafoodguy13

Thanks for the reply, sorry about the lack of info. I'm a Mac desktop user, Mac is only 1yr old. However I use none of the emails mentioned in your reply. I log on to my verizon.net account. 
So the email are slipping past any anti-spam guard use by Verizon.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @seafoodguy13, thank you for your feedback.

First of all, Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac does not have an AntiSpam Filter. For your anti-spam question, since you are using verizon.net account directly, we suggest visiting their support center for help. Here are the Verizon email account's online help documents for your reference:
Please let us know if you encounter other issues or questions with Trend Micro product in the future. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community