net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED 200

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
I am trying to access my netbank and the HTML page is not building correctly. There is a large section missing. Below you will see all the problem determination I have done.I have set up a javascript console where I get a "net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED 200" message. 

I have tried accessing the netbank from 2 different PCs with Trend - both are problematic. One is an ASUS Laptop with windows 10 home - the other a DELL DESKTOP with Windows 10 PRO. Both are running Trend MAximum Security 2019.

I successfully accessed the netbank 5th March. Since then I have not updated Windows, drivers etc.

I have tried the following:
- emptying history, cache and cookies
- vivaldi, chrome, ie and firefox
- switched from wireless networking to cabled (ethernet)
- restarted PC
- updated java
- ipconfig /flushdns
- set manual DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Between 5. march and yesterday my Trend has been updated. 

I disabled the antivirus and tried to log in. Everything worked perfectly. I enabled the antivirus and things still work.

Any idea what is happening ?
Photo of ckschou

ckschou

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of TM_Iya

TM_Iya, Employee

• 3,166 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi ckschou,

Can you try to perform a stop all components via Diagnostic Toolkit? Then check if the problem still persist after or not? Then start all components after checking.

To do that, you may follow these steps below:
  1. Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. Do the following:
    • For Windows 10:
      1. Click Start > All Apps > Trend Micro Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
    • For Windows 8.1:
      1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + C to open Charms bar.
      2. Click Search.
      3. On the Search box, type "Trend".
      4. Click Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
    • For Windows 7:
      1. Go to Start > All Programs Trend Micro Security > More Tools and Help > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit
  2. Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
  3. Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
  4. From the Uninstall tab, click 5. Stop all Components and then after 5-10 seconds, click the 4. Start all Components.
  5. Close the Diagnostic toolkit after. 
  6. Open your Trend Micro program or the main console. Look for the human shadow icon beside the question mark icon and click it.
  7. Press the "About the Software".
  8. Check if the updates will take for an hour or less.
Let me know how it goes. Let me know the exact version of your program after steps 7 and 8.

Hope this helps.

~Iya
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.