My Trend has been "Downloading an update" for the last 3 hours.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • In Progress
My Trend has been "Downloading an update" for the last 3 hours.  On 3 different machines (at different households). Any idea as to why? Trend get hacked? Bad coding on an update?
(Maximum security 15.0... Win10.)
Photo of azreaphal

azreaphal

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of jdoak1967

jdoak1967

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why cant i do a scan when i click on the scan it says it cant do it because it is....

help
Photo of gammanikki

gammanikki

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled It says it is downloading the latest update for the last four day! When will it ....
Photo of jbtb70

jbtb70

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Latest Download Still Going.

Latest Program Update Issues - Started downloading about 3-4 days ago and still downloading?
Photo of maxjcarm

maxjcarm

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled downloading programme updates -- for last 48 hrs -- why is it taking so long ?? (....

Can you please look into problem and correct !
Photo of gusconnor

gusconnor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled A message keeps appearing "cannot start a scan until the security software has fi....

when I try to do a scan a message keeps comming up telling me I cannot start a scan until the security software has finished uploading. This has been coming up for the past 24 hours. Why is this happening?
Photo of tutoringpalmbeach

tutoringpalmbeach

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cant 't scan.

can't scan because computer says it needs to complete updates. 3 hours later, still going round trying to update
Photo of jbtb70

jbtb70

Official response listed 5days ago with a screenshot seems to have worked,thanks
Photo of fliplover2001

fliplover2001

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
no link to screenshot?
Photo of fliplover2001

fliplover2001

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Had same problem, also a very slow ISP, what happened download did not complete process, hung up on install download. Running windows 10. Try using the screenshot 4 step process, do not shut down, wait 5 minutes, go to debug, hit #1 stops download. A notification will showup in windows notification area, click it. It should change and let you INSTALL update. Worked for me. The slow ISP or a glitch in download caused the problem. Hopes this helps?
Photo of tutoringpalmbeach

tutoringpalmbeach

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ended up in a chat session with Trend and got it sorted. Thanks so much! :)
Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 8,916 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi fliplover2001 and tutoringpalmbeach,

It's nice to know that the issue that you encountered with Trend Micro Security is already resolved.

If you have any other concern, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards,
Pat
Photo of stegners4

stegners4

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Continual updating won't stop and won't let scan.

Initiated update but after days it has not completed and will not let me scan
Photo of TM_Kree

TM_Kree, Official Rep

• 656 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello stegners4 and welcome to Trend Micro Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

The Trend Micro program update needs to be refreshed. You can check the official reply above for the step by step guide on how to resolve this issue.

Let me know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards, 
<Kree>
Photo of glennbatchelor

glennbatchelor

All good. Thanks.
Photo of fliplover2001

fliplover2001

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
check my post on this, fixed.
Photo of david.inman99

david.inman99

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am unable to scan my computer because it says that it is downloading an update.....
Photo of peter.anderson

peter.anderson

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have been trying to get the latest update for some time now, in fact for the la....

I have been trying to get the latest update for some time now, in fact for the last week Trend Micro has been looking for the latest update.
Toshiba Satellite S70 Tb, Windows 10
Photo of fliplover2001

fliplover2001

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I followed the screenshot method, did not work, re tried waited a few minutes then went to debug, running windows 10, in the notification area a notice appeared from trend, clicked it, took me to install update. fixed problem.
Photo of ccarni1

ccarni1

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why am I getting "updates requests" every day?.

Every single day (sometimes twice a day) I get a Trend Micro box that pops up telling me that I have an update available. I do the update, but the next day, I get the same pop-up with the same message. What do I do? 

Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 9,296 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi ccarni1,

Sorry to hear that you encounter this problem.

Let us know if the solution from our Official Reply will work for you.

Regards,
Pat
Photo of machine

machine

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
And for the people who are NOT tech savvy this is a nightmare.

TREND get your act together, disgracefull
Photo of machine

machine

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I now have to hire someone to come to my house and fix all six PC's

I will ask them to Uninstall trend  and go with AVG free

have wasted almost $100(purchased October 2018) on trend plus I will now have to pay to get this crap removed!

Bye bye trend!
(Edited)