My security keeps telling me that I'm not protected to re-start my computer now, my latest up20,date is good until August 2020

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
My security keeps telling me that I'm not protected and to re-start my computer now, my latest up20,date is good until August 2020 can you advise what is wrong?
Photo of c.bunyan

c.bunyan

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 27,682 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi c.bunyan

I dont know what you mean by up20, but try this:

"Restart Required" message appears when installing updates for your Trend Micro Security software
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1104935.aspx?cm_mmc=Community-_-R...

Here from you.

Kind regards,
Tom

(Edited)
Photo of howhiley60

howhiley60

• 70 Points
I am having the same problem but only on my desktop not on my tablet. Keep getting the same message that protection is disabled and to restart my computer which I have now done several times with no change.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 27,682 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi,

Dit You try above?

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of buggyndoc

buggyndoc

• 60 Points
Same issue. Post if you get a solution
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Alum

• 9,426 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi all, 

Can you please check if you are running the latest version of the program? Here's how: 

Checking if you have the latest version of Trend Micro Security software installed

If the latest version is installed and still having the same error message, please follow the below steps. Should you require assistance in following these steps, you may contact our Phone Support Hotline here: Contact Trend Micro Support.
  1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. 
  2. Type 'supporttool' and press Enter.
  3. Click 'Yes' on the User Account Control window. 
  4. The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open. At the upper part of the window, click C. Uninstall. 
  5. Click on 5. Stop all Components
  6. Click on 2. Delete Now
  7. Click on 3. Delete Now
  8. Click on 4. Start all Components
You can then close the toolkit and open the Trend Micro main console. At the upper part of the console, click on the icon of a man and select About the Software. It should then resolve the issue. 

Let us know how it goes. 

^X
Photo of howhiley60

howhiley60

• 70 Points
I followed these steps and it did not resolve the issue. I have the latest version. Trend is still disabled and restarting does not work.
Photo of TM_Iya

TM_Iya, Employee

• 3,166 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
For escalation

Please reference the new conversation here: Protection Disabled, Restart Required Error Message